classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Object Smalltalk <Subclass of TestCase> has no method '_initialize'

PabloEstefo
Hi everyone,

I'm having troubles with compiling Roassal categories which its classes  depends on Roassal's classes that inherits from TestCase.

The class ROTest is subclass of TestCase. It has no methods nor arguments. But every test class inherits from it.

When I compile Roassal-Core-Test (package where ROTest is) everything is ok. But when I try ti compile other package and list Roassal-Core-Test as a dependence, I have this error:

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
undefined:34769
        each._initialize()});
             ^
TypeError: Object Smalltalk ROTest has no method '_initialize'
    at eval (eval at <anonymous> (/Users/pestefo/projects/practica2/amber_descargado/bin/amberc.js:548:34))
    at Array.smalltalk.addMethod.smalltalk.method.fn (eval at <anonymous> (/Users/pestefo/projects/practica2/amber_descargado/bin/amberc.js:548:34))
    at eval (eval at <anonymous> (/Users/pestefo/projects/practica2/amber_descargado/bin/amberc.js:548:34))
    at Object.eval (eval at <anonymous> (/Users/pestefo/projects/practica2/amber_descargado/bin/amberc.js:548:34))
    at Object.callback (/Users/pestefo/projects/practica2/amber_descargado/bin/amberc.js:548:29)
    at Object.Combo.check (/Users/pestefo/projects/practica2/amber_descargado/bin/amberc.js:68:21)
    at Combo.add (/Users/pestefo/projects/practica2/amber_descargado/bin/amberc.js:61:12)
    at fs.readFile (fs.js:176:14)
    at Object.oncomplete (fs.js:297:15)
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

I tried adding an initialize method "initialize super initialize" into the .st file  (the dirty way, hehe), and i got nothing.

When I changed the inheritance of ROTest from TestCase to Object and I didn't get the error. But… Its a test class so I need to inherit from TestCase.

Any idea?

Thanks in advance,

Pablo Estefó
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Object Smalltalk <Subclass of TestCase> has no method '_initialize'

Herby Vojčík
Just to be clear, it is not the instance-side initialize, but class-side
initialize.

This is error that appears during loading of packages, trying to send
`initialize` to every loaded class.

Maybe check dependencies and their order.

Herby

Pablo Estefó wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm having troubles with compiling Roassal categories which its classes  depends on Roassal's classes that inherits from TestCase.
>
> The class ROTest is subclass of TestCase. It has no methods nor arguments. But every test class inherits from it.
>
> When I compile Roassal-Core-Test (package where ROTest is) everything is ok. But when I try ti compile other package and list Roassal-Core-Test as a dependence, I have this error:
>
> =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
> undefined:34769
> each._initialize()});
>     ^
> TypeError: Object Smalltalk ROTest has no method '_initialize'
>      at eval (eval at<anonymous>  (/Users/pestefo/projects/practica2/amber_descargado/bin/amberc.js:548:34))
>      at Array.smalltalk.addMethod.smalltalk.method.fn (eval at<anonymous>  (/Users/pestefo/projects/practica2/amber_descargado/bin/amberc.js:548:34))
>      at eval (eval at<anonymous>  (/Users/pestefo/projects/practica2/amber_descargado/bin/amberc.js:548:34))
>      at Object.eval (eval at<anonymous>  (/Users/pestefo/projects/practica2/amber_descargado/bin/amberc.js:548:34))
>      at Object.callback (/Users/pestefo/projects/practica2/amber_descargado/bin/amberc.js:548:29)
>      at Object.Combo.check (/Users/pestefo/projects/practica2/amber_descargado/bin/amberc.js:68:21)
>      at Combo.add (/Users/pestefo/projects/practica2/amber_descargado/bin/amberc.js:61:12)
>      at fs.readFile (fs.js:176:14)
>      at Object.oncomplete (fs.js:297:15)
> =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
>
> I tried adding an initialize method "initialize super initialize" into the .st file  (the dirty way, hehe), and i got nothing.
>
> When I changed the inheritance of ROTest from TestCase to Object and I didn't get the error. But… Its a test class so I need to inherit from TestCase.
>
> Any idea?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Pablo Estefó
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Object Smalltalk <Subclass of TestCase> has no method '_initialize'

PabloEstefo
It seems i didn't included SUnit in the list of dependences when compiling a package that depends on Roassal-Core-Tests.

Thanks for your quick reply
El 18-01-2013, a las 17:32, Herby Vojčík <[hidden email]> escribió:

> Just to be clear, it is not the instance-side initialize, but class-side initialize.
>
> This is error that appears during loading of packages, trying to send `initialize` to every loaded class.
>
> Maybe check dependencies and their order.
>
> Herby
>
> Pablo Estefó wrote:
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> I'm having troubles with compiling Roassal categories which its classes  depends on Roassal's classes that inherits from TestCase.
>>
>> The class ROTest is subclass of TestCase. It has no methods nor arguments. But every test class inherits from it.
>>
>> When I compile Roassal-Core-Test (package where ROTest is) everything is ok. But when I try ti compile other package and list Roassal-Core-Test as a dependence, I have this error:
>>
>> =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
>> undefined:34769
>> each._initialize()});
>>     ^
>> TypeError: Object Smalltalk ROTest has no method '_initialize'
>>     at eval (eval at<anonymous>  (/Users/pestefo/projects/practica2/amber_descargado/bin/amberc.js:548:34))
>>     at Array.smalltalk.addMethod.smalltalk.method.fn (eval at<anonymous>  (/Users/pestefo/projects/practica2/amber_descargado/bin/amberc.js:548:34))
>>     at eval (eval at<anonymous>  (/Users/pestefo/projects/practica2/amber_descargado/bin/amberc.js:548:34))
>>     at Object.eval (eval at<anonymous>  (/Users/pestefo/projects/practica2/amber_descargado/bin/amberc.js:548:34))
>>     at Object.callback (/Users/pestefo/projects/practica2/amber_descargado/bin/amberc.js:548:29)
>>     at Object.Combo.check (/Users/pestefo/projects/practica2/amber_descargado/bin/amberc.js:68:21)
>>     at Combo.add (/Users/pestefo/projects/practica2/amber_descargado/bin/amberc.js:61:12)
>>     at fs.readFile (fs.js:176:14)
>>     at Object.oncomplete (fs.js:297:15)
>> =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
>>
>> I tried adding an initialize method "initialize super initialize" into the .st file  (the dirty way, hehe), and i got nothing.
>>
>> When I changed the inheritance of ROTest from TestCase to Object and I didn't get the error. But… Its a test class so I need to inherit from TestCase.
>>
>> Any idea?
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>>
>> Pablo Estefó