Object>>changed:with: no longer in PharoCore-1.1-11383

Object>>changed:with: no longer in PharoCore-1.1-11383

Yanni Chiu
Object>>changed:with: is gone, but strangely, #update:with: is still
present. The method is needed for the current Glorp package to run
properly (just the logging, nothing critical). Can it be added back?

Re: Object>>changed:with: no longer in PharoCore-1.1-11383

Mariano Martinez Peck

On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 5:01 PM, Yanni Chiu <[hidden email]> wrote:
Object>>changed:with: is gone, but strangely, #update:with: is still present. The method is needed for the current Glorp package to run properly (just the logging, nothing critical). Can it be added back?

Hi. Thanks for testing Glorp..I am a little out of time with it. Open a bug ticket for it. The other solution is to put that method in Glorp with *Glorp category ahaha

cheers

mariano

Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 5:01 PM, Yanni Chiu wrote:
>
>     Object>>changed:with: is gone, but strangely, #update:with: is still
>     present. The method is needed for the current Glorp package to run
>     properly (just the logging, nothing critical). Can it be added back?
>

> Hi. Thanks for testing Glorp..I am a little out of time with it. Open a
> bug ticket for it.

Submitted: Issue 2531

 >   The other solution is to put that method in Glorp
> with *Glorp category ahaha

I have a set of patches that get filed-in during my build. I have this
fix there, for now.

On Fri, Jun 11, 2010 at 8:39 AM, Yanni Chiu <[hidden email]> wrote:
Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 5:01 PM, Yanni Chiu wrote:

   Object>>changed:with: is gone, but strangely, #update:with: is still
   present. The method is needed for the current Glorp package to run
   properly (just the logging, nothing critical). Can it be added back?

Hi. Thanks for testing Glorp..I am a little out of time with it. Open a bug ticket for it.

Submitted: Issue 2531

>   The other solution is to put that method in Glorp
with *Glorp category ahaha

I have a set of patches that get filed-in during my build. I have this fix there, for now.

There are more for Glorp ?   I want to have it perfectly working in Pharo. So, let me know and we can commit and integrate them.

Cheers

Mariano

Re: Object>>changed:with: no longer in PharoCore-1.1-11383

Yanni Chiu
Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 11, 2010 at 8:39 AM, Yanni Chiu wrote:
>     I have a set of patches that get filed-in during my build. I have
>     this fix there, for now.
>

> There are more for Glorp ?   I want to have it perfectly working in
> Pharo. So, let me know and we can commit and integrate them.

The other Glorp patch is the Scanner change for '_' (in method names).

In PharoCore-1.1, two more tests fail:

GlorpTest.GlorpManyToManyDBTest.testReadNodeAndDeleteChildWithSaveAndContinue
GlorpTest.GlorpUnitOfWorkTest.testRollbackOneToManyAfterAdd

In PharoCore-1.0, only these three tests were failing:
GlorpTest.Extras.GlorpMainBackendTest.testSetToBaseTestAFacility
GlorpTest.GlorpRowMapForMementosCollectionTest.testRBSmallDictionary
GlorpTest.GlorpSelectCommandTest.testExecute

Since these don't impact me, I probably won't look into them for a
while. I load the packages with Gofer directly, and use the native
PostgreSQL Client (not OpenDBX).

On Fri, Jun 11, 2010 at 7:25 PM, Yanni Chiu <[hidden email]> wrote:
Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

On Fri, Jun 11, 2010 at 8:39 AM, Yanni Chiu wrote:
   I have a set of patches that get filed-in during my build. I have
   this fix there, for now.

There are more for Glorp ?   I want to have it perfectly working in Pharo. So, let me know and we can commit and integrate them.

The other Glorp patch is the Scanner change for '_' (in method names).

Ok, but this is working ok in Pharo 1.1. Isn't it ?

In PharoCore-1.1, two more tests fail:

GlorpTest.GlorpManyToManyDBTest.testReadNodeAndDeleteChildWithSaveAndContinue
GlorpTest.GlorpUnitOfWorkTest.testRollbackOneToManyAfterAdd

Why you put the namespaces? you confuse me with VW ;)

In PharoCore-1.0, only these three tests were failing:
GlorpTest.Extras.GlorpMainBackendTest.testSetToBaseTestAFacility

forget this one. My problem. I need to fix it.

GlorpTest.GlorpRowMapForMementosCollectionTest.testRBSmallDictionary
GlorpTest.GlorpSelectCommandTest.testExecute

Do you know why they fail or how to fix them ?

Since these don't impact me, I probably won't look into them for a while. I load the packages with Gofer directly, and use the native PostgreSQL Client (not OpenDBX).

ups...sorry I read and answer in the moment hahahahhaa.

cheers

Mariano

Glorp (was: Object>>changed:with: no longer in PharoCore-1.1-11383)

Yanni Chiu
Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 11, 2010 at 7:25 PM, Yanni Chiu wrote:
>
>     The other Glorp patch is the Scanner change for '_' (in method names).
>

> Ok, but this is working ok in Pharo 1.1. Isn't it ?

The patch works, and is still needed for Pharo 1.1 - I can check
further, if you think it is no longer needed. I compared the code and it
has a minor change from what's in Pharo 1.1. (I had to reformat both
versions, before doing the diff).

There was a discussion on allowing '_' in method names in the Squeak
list a few months ago. I'm not sure what the Pharo stance is. I thought
this patch was the cure for problems loading Glorp test code (which have
'_' in the method names), but like I said, if Pharo 1.1 is already
supposed to accept '_' in method names, I can investigate the patch further.

>     In PharoCore-1.1, two more tests fail:
>
>     GlorpTest.GlorpManyToManyDBTest.testReadNodeAndDeleteChildWithSaveAndContinue
>     GlorpTest.GlorpUnitOfWorkTest.testRollbackOneToManyAfterAdd
>

> Why you put the namespaces? you confuse me with VW ;)

The results are from a copy&paste from a Hudson build test report. The
latest Hudson build code adds the psuedo-package names.

>     In PharoCore-1.0, only these three tests were failing:
>     GlorpTest.Extras.GlorpMainBackendTest.testSetToBaseTestAFacility
>

> forget this one. My problem. I need to fix it.
>

>     GlorpTest.GlorpRowMapForMementosCollectionTest.testRBSmallDictionary

IIRC, this test seemed to make overly specific assumptions about the
Dictionary implementation.

>     GlorpTest.GlorpSelectCommandTest.testExecute

Can't remember anything about this one.