ObjectStudio 8.1

Dirk Verleysen-2
I got a beta of ObjectStudio 8.1 and tried to load Swazoo 2.1 and Aida 5.6 and apart from some conflicts with the "beloved" Address class everything works.

Dirk
--

Dirk Verleysen

[verleysen.net]
Rijgerstraat 58 · 9310 Moorsel · Belgium
Phone +32 53 21 15 10 · Mobile +32 477 26 09 93

http://www.verleysen.net

Re: ObjectStudio 8.1

Janko Mivšek
Hi Dirk,

Dirk Verleysen wrote:

> I got a beta of ObjectStudio 8.1 and tried to load Swazoo 2.1 and Aida
> 5.6 and apart from some conflicts with the "beloved" Address class
> everything works.

Nice to hear that! Does ObectStudio uses now the same parcels as VW? Has
OS also kind of parcel manager with "suggestions" what to install? If
so, maybe we could ask Cincom to add Aida there too?

JAnko

--
Janko Mivšek
AIDA/Web

Re: [VNETSPAM] Re: ObjectStudio 8.1

Dirk Verleysen-2
Janko,

OS8 uses the same VM as VW. On the ObjectStudio launcher there's a menu option that let's you open a VisualWorks launcher. Also the browsers are identical. In the current beta of ObjectStudio 8.1 is already Aida 5.6 included, so we don't need to take any actions.

Dirk

Janko Mivšek wrote:
Hi Dirk,

Dirk Verleysen wrote:

> OS8 uses the same VM as VW. On the ObjectStudio launcher there's a menu
> option that let's you open a VisualWorks launcher. Also the browsers are
> identical. In the current beta of ObjectStudio 8.1 is already Aida 5.6
> included, so we don't need to take any actions.

So all what is still needed is to rename those Party/Role classes. I'll
try to do that during a weekend.

Janko