Objects on demand for big collections

oswall
It will be possible to load objects on demand (for a list or html table) to avoid unnecessary objects and load ?.
To page sending large lists of objects from the server to the client.

I use Pharo 4 and Seaside 3.2 on linux ubuntu.

Thanks
Oswall

Re: Objects on demand for big collections

Paul DeBruicker
You can use the JQuery Endless Scroll plugin to load new rows into an HTML table or list.  It used to be available in the JQuery Widget Box on Smalltalkhub here:

http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~Seaside/JQueryWidgetBox

But its not part of the configuration so you'll have to load the base packages and then the Smalltalk code.  And includes the plugin file from  https://github.com/fredwu/jQuery-Endless-Scroll

And it might not even then work as I haven't used it in >5 years.  But it used to work and things probably haven't changed that much.

oswall wrote
It will be possible to load objects on demand (for a list or html table) to avoid unnecessary objects and load ?.To page sending large lists of objects from the server to the client.
I use Pharo 4 and Seaside 3.2 on linux ubuntu.
ThanksOswall

Re: Objects on demand for big collections

OswallVernyAC
Thanks Paul for your replay,
I will check this plugin.

It will be possible to do with WABatchedList or WABatchSelection.

I am interested in paging on the server and only serve paged objects in groups.
Thanks,
Oswall

You can use the JQuery Endless Scroll plugin to load new rows into an HTML
table or list.  It used to be available in the JQuery Widget Box on
Smalltalkhub here:

http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~Seaside/JQueryWidgetBox

But its not part of the configuration so you'll have to load the base
packages and then the Smalltalk code.  And includes the plugin file from
https://github.com/fredwu/jQuery-Endless-Scroll

And it might not even then work as I haven't used it in >5 years.  But it
used to work and things probably haven't changed that much.

oswall wrote
> It will be possible to load objects on demand (for a list or html table)
> to avoid unnecessary objects and load ?.To page sending large lists of
> objects from the server to the client.
> I use Pharo 4 and Seaside 3.2 on linux ubuntu.
> ThanksOswall

Ing. Oswall Verny Arguedas C
Intranets Corporativas

Móviles:       8852 - 6773 y 7203 - 2531
Telèfono:     2268 - 5659