Odd (non) error message when clicking on inherited method names

Odd (non) error message when clicking on inherited method names

Paul Hudson
I'm getting this error fairly often, most recently in a fresh
image, with a few methods/classes added (I haven't actually run
or tried to run any code I've written). I haven't loaded any
ActiveX components or anything else unusual.

So, I _think_ it's nothing I've done.

I think (but am not certain) it's always been when I click on
an inherited method (i.e. in grey) in the methods list of a
class browser. Clicking on a method name that isn't inherited
seems to be OK.

P.

19:52:22, 11 June 2002: 'The operation completed successfully.
(16r0: The operation completed successfully.)'
GDILibrary(ExternalLibrary)>>systemError
IndexedColor>>asRGBUsingPalette:
IndexedColor>>asRGB
IndexedColor(Color)>>fadedBy:
[] in UndefinedObject>>{unbound}doIt
NMLVCUSTOMDRAW(NMCUSTOMDRAW)>>evaluateDrawBlock:
ListView>>customDrawSubItem:
ListView(IconicListAbstract)>>nmCustomDraw:
ListView(ControlView)>>nmNotify:
[] in ListView>>nmNotify:
Array(SequenceableCollection)>>at:ifAbsent:
ListView>>nmNotify:
ReferenceView(View)>>wmNotify:wParam:lParam:
ReferenceView(View)>>dispatchMessage:wParam:lParam:
[] in InputState>>wndProc:message:wParam:lParam:cookie:
BlockClosure>>ifCurtailed:
ProcessorScheduler>>callback:evaluate:
InputState>>wndProc:message:wParam:lParam:cookie:
ListView(ControlView)>>defaultWindowProcessing:wParam:lParam:
ListView(View)>>dispatchMessage:wParam:lParam:
[] in InputState>>wndProc:message:wParam:lParam:cookie:
BlockClosure>>ifCurtailed:
ProcessorScheduler>>callback:evaluate:
InputState>>wndProc:message:wParam:lParam:cookie:
ListView(View)>>sendMessage:wParam:lpParam:
ListView>>basicItemFromPoint:
ListView>>itemFromPoint:
ListView>>selectionFromPoint:
ListView>>onButtonPressed:
ListView>>onLeftButtonPressed:
ListPresenter(Presenter)>>onLeftButtonPressed:
ListView(View)>>wmLButtonDown:wParam:lParam:
ListView(View)>>dispatchMessage:wParam:lParam:
[] in InputState>>wndProc:message:wParam:lParam:cookie:
BlockClosure>>ifCurtailed:
ProcessorScheduler>>callback:evaluate:
InputState>>wndProc:message:wParam:lParam:cookie:
ShellView(View)>>isDialogMessage:
ShellView>>preTranslateMouseInput:
ShellView(View)>>preTranslateMessage:
InputState>>preTranslateMessage:
InputState>>pumpMessage:
InputState>>loopWhile:
InputState>>mainLoop
[] in InputState>>forkMain
ExceptionHandler(ExceptionHandlerAbstract)>>markAndTry
[] in ExceptionHandler(ExceptionHandlerAbstract)>>try:
BlockClosure>>ifCurtailed:
BlockClosure>>ensure:
ExceptionHandler(ExceptionHandlerAbstract)>>try:

Re: Odd (non) error message when clicking on inherited method names

Christopher J. Demers
Paul Hudson <[hidden email]> wrote in message
> I'm getting this error fairly often, most recently in a fresh
> image, with a few methods/classes added (I haven't actually run
> I think (but am not certain) it's always been when I click on
> an inherited method (i.e. in grey) in the methods list of a
> class browser. Clicking on a method name that isn't inherited
> seems to be OK.
> 19:52:22, 11 June 2002: 'The operation completed successfully.
> (16r0: The operation completed successfully.)'
> GDILibrary(ExternalLibrary)>>systemError
> IndexedColor>>asRGBUsingPalette:
> IndexedColor>>asRGB
> IndexedColor(Color)>>fadedBy:

Make sure you have the latest patch (via Live Update).  This sounds like a
problem I used to have that was fixed in PL1.  After the patch your version
should be 5.0.1.

Chris

Re: Odd (non) error message when clicking on inherited method names

Paul Hudson
"Christopher J. Demers" <[hidden email]>
wrote in news:ae5i98$45b0b$[hidden email]:

> Make sure you have the latest patch (via Live Update).

D'oh. I forgot that fresh images require patching. Thanks, all
fine now.