[Offtopic] Documentary Project

darth-cheney
Fellow Squeakers and Pharo-ers,

Please forgive me if this message is inappropriate for the list. I am hoping you all will be interested in the following project.

For the past year and a half I have been working on a team that is developing a documentary on the history of personal computing. Our goal is to interview the very people who laid the foundations for personal computing while they are still with us, learning about their original visions and getting their take on the present. In this sense it is both an aspiring feature length documentary project but also an endeavor in oral history and posterity. Many of the themes we want to explore will be familiar to the members of this community (as will the title).

Last fall we were able to shoot our first three interviews. We used these to make a short teaser, with the idea it could be used to raise funds for future rounds of interviews. That said, we are currently in the middle of a Kickstarter campaign to get the second round funded. If you are interested in learning more, feel free to reach out to me directly and to visit the film's campaign site and website. We need all the promotion we can get!

Thanks!

Eric

Re: [Offtopic] Documentary Project

Marcus Denker-4
Hi!

This looks *really* nice! I really hope you will succeed with the kickstarter!

I have supported it and tweetet a link.

I will put it in the pharo tweet queue, too.

Marcus