Ok, who can see the problem between the two images?

Ok, who can see the problem between the two images?

Bruce O'Neel-2

Hi,

In the attached image does anyone seem to have an idea what is going wrong with curve drawing?

The lower left of circles and vertical lines seem ok.  The other quadrants of a circle are wrong in consistent but different ways.

Related, has anyone tried a 32 bit Squeak recently?

Thanks.

bruce

Re: Ok, who can see the problem between the two images?

Nicolas Cellier
Hi Bruce,
did you forget the attachment? Or is it censored by my email client?

Le lun. 23 mars 2020 à 22:05, Bruce O'Neel <[hidden email]> a écrit :

Hi,

In the attached image does anyone seem to have an idea what is going wrong with curve drawing?

The lower left of circles and vertical lines seem ok.  The other quadrants of a circle are wrong in consistent but different ways.

Related, has anyone tried a 32 bit Squeak recently?

Thanks.

bruce

Re: Ok, who can see the problem between the two images?

Nicolas Cellier
Hmm, since I just fixed B2DPlugin, there is no need to attach anything.
pick latest build once Travis has finished (or rebuild from source).

I broke the signedBitShift: used by B2DPlugin which might easily explain having only one quadrant right (the + + combination).
I broke it on march 10 by my attempt to fix Crypto plugin...
Sounds weird, but I had to change the Slang CCodegenerator so as to generated correct bit shifts...

This is one of the most dangerous and scary operations.
Since then, I did only eat my 64 bits dog food which did not show the bug
Instinct probably kept me away from rotten 32 bits meat :(

Le lun. 23 mars 2020 à 22:11, Nicolas Cellier <[hidden email]> a écrit :
Hi Bruce,
did you forget the attachment? Or is it censored by my email client?

Le lun. 23 mars 2020 à 22:05, Bruce O'Neel <[hidden email]> a écrit :

Hi,

In the attached image does anyone seem to have an idea what is going wrong with curve drawing?

The lower left of circles and vertical lines seem ok.  The other quadrants of a circle are wrong in consistent but different ways.

Related, has anyone tried a 32 bit Squeak recently?

Thanks.

bruce

Re: Ok, who can see the problem between the two images?

Bruce O'Neel-2

Hi,

Thank you very much for finding this so quickly!  I was not making very fast progress.

cheers

bruce

24 March 2020 01:11 Nicolas Cellier <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Re: [Vm-dev] Ok, who can see the problem between the two images?

Karl Ramberg
Nice :-)

Cheers,
Karl

On Tue, Mar 24, 2020 at 1:15 AM Nicolas Cellier <[hidden email]> wrote:

Le mar. 24 mars 2020 à 01:11, Nicolas Cellier <[hidden email]> a écrit :
Hmm, since I just fixed B2DPlugin, there is no need to attach anything.
pick latest build once Travis has finished (or rebuild from source).

I broke the signedBitShift: used by B2DPlugin which might easily explain having only one quadrant right (the + + combination).
I broke it on march 10 by my attempt to fix Crypto plugin...
Sounds weird, but I had to change the Slang CCodegenerator so as to generated correct bit shifts...

This is one of the most dangerous and scary operations.

...which brings us back to unit tests of code generation...
Without such net, acrobats' life is dangerous!