Old methods active until world reload

Bert Freudenberg
This just bit me, again. I renamed a method in SCB and changed all the senders. Tested, committed, published, went to bed.

Except that I had forgotten one sender. So when my colleagues wanted to continue, loaded the world, it broke. The method was still in my runtime under the previous name, so my testing did not find the problem.

I filed the issue a while ago:
https://github.com/LivelyKernel/LivelyKernel/issues/216

I'll try to fix it unless someone beats me to it. What would it take to fix it myself?

- Bert -

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: Old methods active until world reload

Bert Freudenberg
On 12.02.2014, at 10:25, Bert Freudenberg <[hidden email]> wrote:

> This just bit me, again. I renamed a method in SCB and changed all the senders. Tested, committed, published, went to bed.
>
> Except that I had forgotten one sender. So when my colleagues wanted to continue, loaded the world, it broke. The method was still in my runtime under the previous name, so my testing did not find the problem.
>
> I filed the issue a while ago:
> https://github.com/LivelyKernel/LivelyKernel/issues/216
>
> I'll try to fix it unless someone beats me to it. What would it take to fix it myself?
>
> - Bert -
I fixed it, with a little help from Jens:
https://github.com/LivelyKernel/LivelyKernel/commit/a0899a1
https://github.com/LivelyKernel/LivelyKernel/commit/f08ad30

This does not deal with removal of whole classes or cop etc, just plain methods, but should be easily extendable if you know these areas well.