Old vm in One-Click?

tinchodias
Hi

I am looking to release a new version of the fuel extension to export/import. This version speed-ups the time to export, around 15% in my machine.

Now, my problem:

I dowloaded the one-click file, 4.6 build 461, and Windows is my platform.
There, one test fails. But it is green if I open the same image in a more recent vm.

- in one-click:
Smalltalk vmVersion.. 'Croquet Closure Cog VM [CoInterpreter VMMaker-oscog.51]'

- in my vm:
Smalltalk vmVersion. 'Croquet Closure Cog VM [CoInterpreter VMMaker.oscog-eem.56]'.

Is it possible to update the cog vm it is used to deploy the one-click? Or it is not important?

Cheers,
Martin

Re: Old vm in One-Click?

Lukas Renggli
If you pull the latest version of builder from Github you should get
the latest VM too :-)

Lukas

On 4 July 2011 20:29, Martin Dias <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi
> I am looking to release a new version of the fuel extension to
> export/import. This version speed-ups the time to export, around 15% in my
> machine.
> Now, my problem:
> I dowloaded the one-click file, 4.6 build 461, and Windows is my platform.
> There, one test fails. But it is green if I open the same image in a more
> recent vm.
> - in one-click:
> Smalltalk vmVersion.. 'Croquet Closure Cog VM [CoInterpreter
> VMMaker-oscog.51]'
> - in my vm:
> Smalltalk vmVersion. 'Croquet Closure Cog VM [CoInterpreter
> VMMaker.oscog-eem.56]'.
> Is it possible to update the cog vm it is used to deploy the one-click? Or
> it is not important?
> Cheers,
> Martin

Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Old vm in One-Click?

tinchodias
That means that hudson uses the latest VM to run the tests?

Martin

On Mon, Jul 4, 2011 at 3:40 PM, Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]> wrote:
If you pull the latest version of builder from Github you should get
the latest VM too :-)

Lukas

On 4 July 2011 20:29, Martin Dias <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi
> I am looking to release a new version of the fuel extension to
> export/import. This version speed-ups the time to export, around 15% in my
> machine.
> Now, my problem:
> I dowloaded the one-click file, 4.6 build 461, and Windows is my platform.
> There, one test fails. But it is green if I open the same image in a more
> recent vm.
> - in one-click:
> Smalltalk vmVersion.. 'Croquet Closure Cog VM [CoInterpreter
> VMMaker-oscog.51]'
> - in my vm:
> Smalltalk vmVersion. 'Croquet Closure Cog VM [CoInterpreter
> VMMaker.oscog-eem.56]'.
> Is it possible to update the cog vm it is used to deploy the one-click? Or
> it is not important?
> Cheers,
> Martin

Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Old vm in One-Click?

Lukas Renggli
No, this is independent of what is used to build the one-click images.
Hudson uses whatever is installed on the box.

Lukas

On 4 July 2011 21:49, Martin Dias <[hidden email]> wrote:

> That means that hudson uses the latest VM to run the tests?
>
> Martin
> On Mon, Jul 4, 2011 at 3:40 PM, Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> If you pull the latest version of builder from Github you should get
>> the latest VM too :-)
>>
>> Lukas
>>
>> On 4 July 2011 20:29, Martin Dias <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > Hi
>> > I am looking to release a new version of the fuel extension to
>> > export/import. This version speed-ups the time to export, around 15% in
>> > my
>> > machine.
>> > Now, my problem:
>> > I dowloaded the one-click file, 4.6 build 461, and Windows is my
>> > platform.
>> > There, one test fails. But it is green if I open the same image in a
>> > more
>> > recent vm.
>> > - in one-click:
>> > Smalltalk vmVersion.. 'Croquet Closure Cog VM [CoInterpreter
>> > VMMaker-oscog.51]'
>> > - in my vm:
>> > Smalltalk vmVersion. 'Croquet Closure Cog VM [CoInterpreter
>> > VMMaker.oscog-eem.56]'.
>> > Is it possible to update the cog vm it is used to deploy the one-click?
>> > Or
>> > it is not important?
>> > Cheers,
>> > Martin