OmniBase is now free?

Sean M-3

Re: OmniBase is now free?

Udo Schneider
Sean M wrote:
> I think! Atleast going by the website:
>
> http://www.gorisek.com/WikiDoc/WikiPage?action=reload&page=OmniBase+downloads&lang=English
My first thought was "Hey, that's the free version w/o garbage
collector".  But after checking the package I think that's the full
blown version, including the garbage collector. This would definitly cool.

CU,

Udo

Re: OmniBase is now free?

Stefan Schmiedl
On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 09:56:08 +0200, Udo Schneider <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Sean M wrote:
>> I think! Atleast going by the website:
>>
>> http://www.gorisek.com/WikiDoc/WikiPage?action=reload&page=OmniBase+downloads&lang=English
> My first thought was "Hey, that's the free version w/o garbage
> collector".  But after checking the package I think that's the full
> blown version, including the garbage collector. This would definitly cool.

Ok, folks, let's all upgrade our STS to reward the noble deed.

Makes me wonder, though:
Is a STS license of, say two years ago, still eligible for updating?

s.

Re: OmniBase is now free?

Mike Hales-4
I thought it was interesting that it is free except for oil or military
applications.  Is that a political statement? =)

Mike

Re: OmniBase is now free?

Stefan Schmiedl
On 25 Aug 2005 07:51:41 -0700, Mike Hales <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I thought it was interesting that it is free except for oil or military
> applications.  Is that a political statement? =)

It's a Smalltalk thing, I guess, as ST/X by Exept AG (www.exept.de) has similar
conditions in their license.

s.