OmniBase performance

bojan.fabijan
Hello !

I made some tests how to use OmniBase in my application, but was very
disappointed about performances. The simpliest commit statement
(OmniBaseTester test3) :

[ OrderedCollection newPersistent
   add: 'string object';
   add: 1;
  add: Date today ] evaluateAndCommitIn: db newTransaction.

need > 100 ms.

In MS Access I can write a record in < 2 ms.

I make tests on P-4 2.8 with 512 MB; Dolphin 6.02.

I also check the article
http://www.visoracle.com/squeakfaq/performance.html , but the test in
my environment takes >80s (in the article only 3s).

Has anyone an explanation?

Re: OmniBase performance

Sebastián Sastre
I really can't tell you for sure, but some time ago I've read about the
relation of IDE vendors (like intel or AMD) and it's relation with
OmniBase Performance (I remember as AMD havong better performance).
Perhaps you can find that post in the newsgroup.
Regards,

Sebastian