Omnibrowser update for 4.5

Jeff Gonis-2
Hi Folks,

I was playing around with the release candidate image and testing out some of the SqueakMap stuff and I wanted to test if the Omnibrowser still works. I ran into a debugger related to the timeStamp method Frank removed from CompiledMethod early last year. I fixed it and the omnibrowser seemed to work and so I was going to contribute this fix when I saw that a ton of work has been done to the Omnibrowser since it last loaded into Squeak in 4.2, including fixing this issue. Colin do you know if this work is up and running on the Squeak image, and are you able to push an updated Metacello configuration to SqueakMap? Do I have the ability to do this, and would you like me to take some of this load off of your shoulders if that access is available?

Anyway, the image is looking great otherwise and I just wanted to throw this out onto the list as the Omnibrowser is a great tool.

Thanks for your time,
Jeff

Re: Omnibrowser update for 4.5

Colin Putney-3

On Sun, Mar 2, 2014 at 2:08 PM, Jeff Gonis <[hidden email]> wrote:

 I was playing around with the release candidate image and testing out some of the SqueakMap stuff and I wanted to test if the Omnibrowser still works. I ran into a debugger related to the timeStamp method Frank removed from CompiledMethod early last year. I fixed it and the omnibrowser seemed to work and so I was going to contribute this fix when I saw that a ton of work has been done to the Omnibrowser since it last loaded into Squeak in 4.2, including fixing this issue. Colin do you know if this work is up and running on the Squeak image, and are you able to push an updated Metacello configuration to SqueakMap? Do I have the ability to do this, and would you like me to take some of this load off of your shoulders if that access is available?

 Hi Jeff,

Yes, I can confirm that the latest version of OmniBrowser works well in 4.5 and the trunk.

To be honest, I don't use Metacello, so I haven't been keeping the configuration up to date. Which ConfigurationOfOmniBrowser are you using? I've only ever put load scripts on SqueakMap.

Colin

On Thu, Mar 6, 2014 at 5:51 PM, Colin Putney <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Hi Colin,

I just opened up SqueakMap, and looked for Omnibrowser.  The last configuration I see is (2.0.4) which is listed as working with Squeak 4.3. I don't see any newer configurations, and if I install this configuration I receive the error I mentioned above.

Thanks for the reply,
Jeff