On ESUG 09 with tutorial, experience reports, anything else?

On ESUG 09 with tutorial, experience reports, anything else?

Janko Mivšek
Dear all,

ESUG 09 Call for contributions was just issued and not to be late again
(and then last on the schedule!), we need to start planning our presence
as early as today.

1. Tutorials are the new thing on this ESUG. And we need to have an Aida
tutorial there!

2. Experience reports. Anyone is welcome to present the experience on
his Aida projects.

3. A talk about some aspect of Aida and Scribo. What exactly?

4. One academic article+presentation, are we able to write it?

5. Innovation awards, at least one entry there! There are some secret
shinning projects going in the underground, maybe those can surprise and
shake the Smalltalk world to the groud? ;)

Best regards
Janko

--
Janko Mivšek
AIDA/Web

Re: On ESUG 09 with tutorial, experience reports, anything else?

Lorenzo
Janko,

I am completing the Italian tutorial which, IMHO can be a base for a real
tutorial; if you anser the question I made with my last e-mail, I think it
will be available at the and of February.

Last year I have been ask to partecipate to innovation award with an
application on neuro-fuzzy system I have developped in VSE ST; if there is
sombody willing to help me in porting it in AIDA, I believe we can
partecipate (bewere: its innovation is in the application, not in
technology).

Ciao
> ESUG 09 Call for contributions was just issued and not to be late again
> (and then last on the schedule!), we need to start planning our presence
> as early as today.
>
> 1. Tutorials are the new thing on this ESUG. And we need to have an Aida
> tutorial there!
>
> 2. Experience reports. Anyone is welcome to present the experience on
> his Aida projects.
>
> 3. A talk about some aspect of Aida and Scribo. What exactly?
>
> 4. One academic article+presentation, are we able to write it?
>
> 5. Innovation awards, at least one entry there! There are some secret
> shinning projects going in the underground, maybe those can surprise and
> shake the Smalltalk world to the groud? ;)
>
> Best regards
> Janko
>

> --
> Janko Mivšek
> AIDA/Web
> Smalltalk Web Application Server
> http://www.aidaweb.si

Re: On ESUG 09 with tutorial, experience reports, anything else?

Nicolas Petton

2009/2/9 Janko Mivšek <[hidden email]>
Dear all,

ESUG 09 Call for contributions was just issued and not to be late again
(and then last on the schedule!), we need to start planning our presence
as early as today.

1. Tutorials are the new thing on this ESUG. And we need to have an Aida
tutorial there!

We could prepare a nice tutorial all together? We could use my screencast as a basis if noone have ideas.

2. Experience reports. Anyone is welcome to present the experience on
his Aida projects.

3. A talk about some aspect of Aida and Scribo. What exactly?

Maybe a general presentation of Aida, its community, etc, and another one about something more specific?
I could do one of them.

4. One academic article+presentation, are we able to write it?
It would be nice to finish the book maybe. But time is missing as always.

5. Innovation awards, at least one entry there! There are some secret
shinning projects going in the underground, maybe those can surprise and
shake the Smalltalk world to the groud? ;)

Can it be a commercial project?

Nico
--
Nicolas Petton

http://nico.aidaweb.si

Re: On ESUG 09 with tutorial, experience reports, anything else?

garduino
2009/2/9 Janko Mivšek <[hidden email]>:
> Dear all,
> 5. Innovation awards, at least one entry there! There are some secret
> shinning projects going in the underground, maybe those can surprise and
> shake the Smalltalk world to the groud? ;)

Well, my and a friend here are working on the SDA project....but is
too early I think. We work only when we have a bit of free time :(

--
Germán S. Arduino
http://www.arsol.biz

Two questions

Lorenzo
Hi Janko,

I am working on tutorial and I have implemented the possibility to read and
store addresses in a DB using an ODBC connection.
Now I have a problem: I should start a new task during a respons
(HTTPConnection produceResponsFor:) in such a way that I can read and write
the DB: there is in AIDA any standard way to do that or can you suggest me a
solution ?
An other question: I is possible to change the look of the window ? (at
present EURONOVA's)

Thanks

> ESUG 09 Call for contributions was just issued and not to be late again
> (and then last on the schedule!), we need to start planning our presence
> as early as today.
>
> 1. Tutorials are the new thing on this ESUG. And we need to have an Aida
> tutorial there!
>
> 2. Experience reports. Anyone is welcome to present the experience on
> his Aida projects.
>
> 3. A talk about some aspect of Aida and Scribo. What exactly?
>
> 4. One academic article+presentation, are we able to write it?
>
> 5. Innovation awards, at least one entry there! There are some secret
> shinning projects going in the underground, maybe those can surprise and
> shake the Smalltalk world to the groud? ;)
>
> Best regards
> Janko
>

> --
> Janko Mivšek
> AIDA/Web
> Smalltalk Web Application Server
> http://www.aidaweb.si

Re: Two questions

Herbert König
Hi Lorenzo,

LS> An other question: I is possible to change the look of the window ? (at
LS> present EURONOVA's)

here's from a previous post on this list:
> Actually I need to, as I don't want the navigation bar of aidademo.

Janko wrote:
Subclass WebStyle and do your own layout there. It will suffice to do
your own #pageFrameWith:title:

More details on:
http://www.aidaweb.si/faq.html#h-12

Cheers

Herbert                            mailto:[hidden email]