One-Click Experience ...

Geert Claes
Administrator
Really like the one-click experience, great!!!  Looks and feels so much better.  Maybe the image also needs to include Seaside, AIDAWeb, Magritte and Pier though no?

Re: One-Click Experience ...

Marcus Denker-3

On Dec 15, 2009, at 8:19 AM, GeertClaes wrote:

> Really like the one-click experience, great!!!  Looks and feels so much
> better.  Maybe the image also needs to include Seaside, AIDAWeb, Magritte
> and Pier though no?

We should update that image and make it the default.... I will look into that.

> ps. It would be nice to see Pharo use a "Pharo VM" instead of the Squeak VM
> (I am on Mac) though :)

I once fixed that in a later image.

I will look into building a new one-click soon.

        Marcus

Re: One-Click Experience ...

Geert Claes
Administrator

Marcus Denker-3 wrote
> ps. It would be nice to see Pharo use a "Pharo VM" instead of the Squeak VM
> (I am on Mac) though :)

I once fixed that in a later image.

I will look into building a new one-click soon.

        Marcus
I noticed too late that the Pharo one-click actually does say "Pharo" and not "Squeak VM".  I was switching between the Pharo and Seaside one-click images :)

Re: One-Click Experience ...

Geert Claes
Administrator

Marcus Denker-3 wrote
> Really like the one-click experience, great!!!  Looks and feels so much
> better.  Maybe the image also needs to include Seaside, AIDAWeb, Magritte
> and Pier though no?

We should update that image and make it the default.... I will look into that.
How can I tell the one-click to use a different image file?

Re: One-Click Experience ...

Henrik Sperre Johansen

On Dec 15, 2009, at 9:37 07AM, GeertClaes wrote:

> Marcus Denker-3 wrote:
>>

>>> Really like the one-click experience, great!!!  Looks and feels so much
>>> better.  Maybe the image also needs to include Seaside, AIDAWeb, Magritte
>>> and Pier though no?
>>
>> We should update that image and make it the default.... I will look into
>> that.
>>

> How can I tell the one-click to use a different image file?

Right-click -> Show package contents
For Windows:
- Edit last line in Pharo.ini to point to a different image
For Linux:
- Edit Pharo.sh
For OSX:
- In Contents/Info.plist set SqueakImageName to the your new image (either absolute or relative to the Contents directory)

If you leave it empty or provide an invalid image name, the usual "open an image"-dialog pops up when you start it.

Cheers,
Henry

Re: One-Click Experience ...

Marcus Denker-3

On Dec 15, 2009, at 10:08 AM, Henrik Johansen wrote:

> On Dec 15, 2009, at 9:37 07AM, GeertClaes wrote:
>

>> Marcus Denker-3 wrote:
>> How can I tell the one-click to use a different image file?
>
> Right-click -> Show package contents
> For Windows:
> - Edit last line in Pharo.ini to point to a different image
> For Linux:
> - Edit Pharo.sh
> For OSX:
> - In Contents/Info.plist set SqueakImageName to the your new image (either absolute or relative to the Contents directory)
>
> If you leave it empty or provide an invalid image name, the usual "open an image"-dialog pops up when you start it.

I think that this is the problem with one-click: It's perfect for distributing a product, very nice for a "first user experience",
but it does nit fit well with the image based developement style... I wonder if there is an easy way to fix that? Maybe
"save as" should just save the image outside of the parcel?

        marcus