One more project proposal for GSoC

Dennis Schetinin
Rustem Kkubbatov (http://gsoc2012.esug.org/rustem-khubbatov), another student I mentor in Tver State University, decided to try his luck with a project for GSoC. The problem is he can't currently choose a better approach.

The original idea is to build a two-tier Human-Machine Interface (HMI) system (which can be used in a wide range of projects) with Pharo image as back-end (where a model lives) and Amber-based client as a front-end. But this thing seems to be "a little bit" too large for GSoC, isn't it?

An alternative task could be to build a framework for message exchanging between Pharo and Amber. I could be the first mentor for a project based on original idea, or the second/first (depending on if anyone interested) for communication framework.

Any ideas and advices are welcome (ASAP). Thank you in advance.

Best regards,
Dennis Schetinin

Re: [gsoc-mentors] One more project proposal for GSoC

Stephan Eggermont-3

On 2 apr 2012, at 19:41, Dennis Schetinin wrote:
> The original idea is to build a two-tier Human-Machine Interface (HMI) system (which can be used in a wide range of projects) with Pharo image as back-end (where a model lives) and Amber-based client as a front-end. But this thing seems to be "a little bit" too large for GSoC, isn't it?

As long as he's able to define value-delivering small, concrete steps it is ok to have big goals.

Stephan