One, two or more application roots

Edward Stow
Hi,
My web system will need to have resources that can be bookmarked as
well as the 'airline booking system' application without bookmarks.
I'm quite OK with the #initialRequest: and #updateUrl: to respond to
and add parameters on urls.

My initial thoughts were that bookmarkable resources be implemented
using a separate application root ...but now I'm not sure.

>From my limited experience having two or more roots will cause issues
with the WASession and  subclasss data (user login etc) as the session
is associated with each application and this could be awkward to work
arount. Is this correct?

--

Edward Stow

Re: One, two or more application roots

Philippe Marschall
2008/4/19, Edward Stow <[hidden email]>:
> Hi,
>  My web system will need to have resources that can be bookmarked as
>  well as the 'airline booking system' application without bookmarks.
>  I'm quite OK with the #initialRequest: and #updateUrl: to respond to
>  and add parameters on urls.

That sounds like two WAApplications.

>  My initial thoughts were that bookmarkable resources be implemented
>  using a separate application root ...but now I'm not sure.

No, in general it is the root component of the same WAApplication.

>  >From my limited experience having two or more roots will cause issues
>  with the WASession and  subclasss data (user login etc) as the session
>  is associated with each application and this could be awkward to work
>  arount. Is this correct?

Yes

Cheers
Philippe