OneClick image

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

OneClick image

N. Bouraqadi
Hi,

Few years ago, there was a zip file called 'oneclick' that included everything to run Pharo on all 3 major OSes. All one had to do is unzip it, and launch a script that opens the image.

What happen to that? Any idea why it isn't generated anymore?

Noury
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: OneClick image

EstebanLM
Hi,

It never worked for Pharo, because is more intended to applications (it was developed for Sofie).
So we replaced it with the platform distributions (one zip for platform) and the one-click became the “portable” version, but this approach also didn’t work and that’s why we ended with the Pharo Launcher as recommended download, zeroconf for CI and the “independent downloads” as needed.

If you still want it, you can do one by yourself taking one of the historic portables as base: http://files.pharo.org/platform/Pharo6.1-portable.zip

You will need to update VMs and that but in general, it should work.

Esteban

> On 24 Apr 2019, at 09:04, N. Bouraqadi <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Few years ago, there was a zip file called 'oneclick' that included everything to run Pharo on all 3 major OSes. All one had to do is unzip it, and launch a script that opens the image.
>
> What happen to that? Any idea why it isn't generated anymore?
>
> Noury


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: OneClick image

Vincent Blondeau
Hi Noury,

Last year there was such an initiative that has been launched to package Pharo apps: https://github.com/VincentBlondeau/Cruiser 
It is supporting only windows for now, but it planned to be enhanced for other platforms. It is not on my priorities list yet, but I will work on it again for sure.

HTH

Cheers,
Vincent


-----Original Message-----
From: Pharo-users <[hidden email]> On Behalf Of Esteban Lorenzano
Sent: Wednesday, 24 April 2019 09:57
To: Any question about pharo is welcome <[hidden email]>
Subject: Re: [Pharo-users] OneClick image

Hi,

It never worked for Pharo, because is more intended to applications (it was developed for Sofie).
So we replaced it with the platform distributions (one zip for platform) and the one-click became the “portable” version, but this approach also didn’t work and that’s why we ended with the Pharo Launcher as recommended download, zeroconf for CI and the “independent downloads” as needed.

If you still want it, you can do one by yourself taking one of the historic portables as base: http://files.pharo.org/platform/Pharo6.1-portable.zip

You will need to update VMs and that but in general, it should work.

Esteban

> On 24 Apr 2019, at 09:04, N. Bouraqadi <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Few years ago, there was a zip file called 'oneclick' that included everything to run Pharo on all 3 major OSes. All one had to do is unzip it, and launch a script that opens the image.
>
> What happen to that? Any idea why it isn't generated anymore?
>
> Noury




Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: OneClick image

N. Bouraqadi
Thanks Esteban and Vincent.


> On 24 Apr 2019, at 10:19, <[hidden email]> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Noury,
>
> Last year there was such an initiative that has been launched to package Pharo apps: https://github.com/VincentBlondeau/Cruiser 
> It is supporting only windows for now, but it planned to be enhanced for other platforms. It is not on my priorities list yet, but I will work on it again for sure.
>
> HTH
>
> Cheers,
> Vincent
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Pharo-users <[hidden email]> On Behalf Of Esteban Lorenzano
> Sent: Wednesday, 24 April 2019 09:57
> To: Any question about pharo is welcome <[hidden email]>
> Subject: Re: [Pharo-users] OneClick image
>
> Hi,
>
> It never worked for Pharo, because is more intended to applications (it was developed for Sofie).
> So we replaced it with the platform distributions (one zip for platform) and the one-click became the “portable” version, but this approach also didn’t work and that’s why we ended with the Pharo Launcher as recommended download, zeroconf for CI and the “independent downloads” as needed.
>
> If you still want it, you can do one by yourself taking one of the historic portables as base: http://files.pharo.org/platform/Pharo6.1-portable.zip
>
> You will need to update VMs and that but in general, it should work.
>
> Esteban
>
>> On 24 Apr 2019, at 09:04, N. Bouraqadi <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Few years ago, there was a zip file called 'oneclick' that included everything to run Pharo on all 3 major OSes. All one had to do is unzip it, and launch a script that opens the image.
>>
>> What happen to that? Any idea why it isn't generated anymore?
>>
>> Noury
>
>
>
>