OneClick image

Noury Bouraqadi-2
Hi,

Few years ago, there was a zip file called 'oneclick' that included everything to run Pharo on all 3 major OSes. All one had to do is unzip it, and launch a script that opens the image.

What happen to that? Any idea why it isn't generated anymore?

Noury

Re: OneClick image

EstebanLM
Hi,

It never worked for Pharo, because is more intended to applications (it was developed for Sofie).
So we replaced it with the platform distributions (one zip for platform) and the one-click became the “portable” version, but this approach also didn’t work and that’s why we ended with the Pharo Launcher as recommended download, zeroconf for CI and the “independent downloads” as needed.

If you still want it, you can do one by yourself taking one of the historic portables as base: http://files.pharo.org/platform/Pharo6.1-portable.zip

You will need to update VMs and that but in general, it should work.

Esteban

> On 24 Apr 2019, at 09:04, N. Bouraqadi <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Few years ago, there was a zip file called 'oneclick' that included everything to run Pharo on all 3 major OSes. All one had to do is unzip it, and launch a script that opens the image.
>
> What happen to that? Any idea why it isn't generated anymore?
>
> Noury

Re: OneClick image

Vincent Blondeau
Hi Noury,

Last year there was such an initiative that has been launched to package Pharo apps: https://github.com/VincentBlondeau/Cruiser
It is supporting only windows for now, but it planned to be enhanced for other platforms. It is not on my priorities list yet, but I will work on it again for sure.

HTH

Cheers,
Vincent

It never worked for Pharo, because is more intended to applications (it was developed for Sofie).
So we replaced it with the platform distributions (one zip for platform) and the one-click became the “portable” version, but this approach also didn’t work and that’s why we ended with the Pharo Launcher as recommended download, zeroconf for CI and the “independent downloads” as needed.

If you still want it, you can do one by yourself taking one of the historic portables as base: http://files.pharo.org/platform/Pharo6.1-portable.zip

You will need to update VMs and that but in general, it should work.

Esteban

> On 24 Apr 2019, at 09:04, N. Bouraqadi <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Few years ago, there was a zip file called 'oneclick' that included everything to run Pharo on all 3 major OSes. All one had to do is unzip it, and launch a script that opens the image.
>
> What happen to that? Any idea why it isn't generated anymore?
>
> Noury

Re: OneClick image

Noury Bouraqadi-2
Thanks Esteban and Vincent.