Online Pharo Documentation

Camillo Bruni
Hi everyone,

During the last month I worked a bit on my pharo web documentation tool.
It's a derivate of ruby's http://yardoc.org/ running on top of seaside.

A test image is available here:
        http://dl.dropbox.com/u/18184943/WebDoc.zip
Open the image then access the documentation in your browser
        http://localhost:8080/doc

There are still some glitches due to the javascript fancyness around.

Features:
        - browse and filter packages
        - browse and filter classes of packages
        - Class overview with markdown enabled comments
        - fully annotated source code with popups for known types and selectors

Missing:
        - fully functional and slightly more intelligent search for methods, classes and packages
        - hierarchical display of packages
        - bookmarkable links don't work yet.

Please feel free to add your own wishes, I hope to slowly improve this webdoc to make it really usable.

v(^_^)v
camillo

Re: Online Pharo Documentation

Stéphane Ducasse
***thanks*** camillo
it would be gorgeous in the future to have a new webdoc for the currently released version of pharo.

Stef
On Apr 22, 2011, at 9:52 PM, Camillo Bruni wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> During the last month I worked a bit on my pharo web documentation tool.
> It's a derivate of ruby's http://yardoc.org/ running on top of seaside.
>
> A test image is available here:
> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/18184943/WebDoc.zip
> Open the image then access the documentation in your browser
> http://localhost:8080/doc
>
> There are still some glitches due to the javascript fancyness around.
>
> Features:
> - browse and filter packages
> - browse and filter classes of packages
> - Class overview with markdown enabled comments
> - fully annotated source code with popups for known types and selectors
>
> Missing:
> - fully functional and slightly more intelligent search for methods, classes and packages
> - hierarchical display of packages
> - bookmarkable links don't work yet.
>
> Please feel free to add your own wishes, I hope to slowly improve this webdoc to make it really usable.
>
> v(^_^)v
> camillo

Re: Online Pharo Documentation

Camillo

could use the convention of coral for the short class description?
If I remember it is

        Object <| Point

because like that it looks like the UML triangle.

camillo

Re: Online Pharo Documentation

Bernat Romagosa
Just tried the demo image, very nice job!

Maybe we could set up a running instance somewhere and link it from the Pharo website?

Bernat.
2011/4/22 laurent laffont <[hidden email]>
[...]

I am currentlz hacking together a fulltext search index using solr.. once that is running I consider the project to be more or less complete ;).

and yeah, then I should get it up and running somewhere :)

camillo