Open-source Seaside applications

Patrick Collison
Hi,

I'm pretty new to Seaside, and looking for some open-source Seaside
applications to cut my teeth on. Aside from the example store that
ships with Seaside, are there any open-source applications that people
would suggest learning from? (I'm especially interested in those that
are pretty up-to-date, e.g. use WARenderCanvas, etc. -- there seems to
be plenty of documentation for the older APIs, but much less for
current stuff.)

Cheers,

Patrick

Re: Open-source Seaside applications

Lukas Renggli
> I'm pretty new to Seaside, and looking for some open-source Seaside
> applications to cut my teeth on. Aside from the example store that
> ships with Seaside, are there any open-source applications that people
> would suggest learning from? (I'm especially interested in those that
> are pretty up-to-date, e.g. use WARenderCanvas, etc. -- there seems to
> be plenty of documentation for the older APIs, but much less for
> current stuff.)

Magritte (a meta framework) and Pier (a CMS) are all up to date. The
code might not look confusing at first as everything is very generic

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Open-source Seaside applications

Alexander Lazarevic'
Lukas Renggli schrieb:
> Magritte (a meta framework) and Pier (a CMS) are all up to date.

Is there a current and ready to use pier image for squeak at some place?

Alex

Re: Open-source Seaside applications

Göran Krampe
Hi!

> Hi,
>
> I'm pretty new to Seaside, and looking for some open-source Seaside
> applications to cut my teeth on. Aside from the example store that
> ships with Seaside, are there any open-source applications that people
> would suggest learning from? (I'm especially interested in those that
> are pretty up-to-date, e.g. use WARenderCanvas, etc. -- there seems to
> be plenty of documentation for the older APIs, but much less for
> current stuff.)

Well, Lukas mentioned Pier/Magritte - but as he also noted (except for the
"not" typo) they may be a bit "abstract" to get into.

Another example is Gjallar: http://www.gjallar.se

While it also contains a small "meta forms framework" a la Magritte - most
UIs are more or less straight forward. Note that Gjallar does no
backtracking at all (yet) and is not robust in regards to the back button.

But it has most marks of a typical web app so it should hopefully be good
for inspiration and code examples.

regards, Göran

Re: Open-source Seaside applications

keith1y
The images in

http://squeak.warwick.stauto-build/output/make/391/LATEST/SMP/

Are reasonably recent, and a couple of monticello updates away from
being up to date.

Keith

Re: Open-source Seaside applications

Alexander Lazarevic'
Thanks!

Downloading works from

On 19/04/07, Göran Krampe <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm pretty new to Seaside, and looking for some open-source Seaside
> > applications to cut my teeth on. Aside from the example store that
> > ships with Seaside, are there any open-source applications that people
> > would suggest learning from? (I'm especially interested in those that
> > are pretty up-to-date, e.g. use WARenderCanvas, etc. -- there seems to
> > be plenty of documentation for the older APIs, but much less for
> > current stuff.)
>
> Well, Lukas mentioned Pier/Magritte - but as he also noted (except for the
> "not" typo) they may be a bit "abstract" to get into.
>
> Another example is Gjallar: http://www.gjallar.se

Cool, this looks interesting -- thanks for the pointer.

Patrick

Re: Open-source Seaside applications

Martin J. Laubach-2
| I'm pretty new to Seaside, and looking for some open-source Seaside
| applications to cut my teeth on.

  I've done a Sudoku solver in Seaside which demonstrates the use
of a couple of Seaside's features yet is still rather trivial and
easy to understand (ie. you can read through it in ten minutes :).
The fileout is for VW though.

  See http://blog.laubach.at/smalltalk/blogView?entry=3348219297

  Cheers,

        mjl

Re: Open-source Seaside applications

stephane ducasse
really cool!
did you see the sodoku code on squeaksource?