OpenDBX for dbase files

fvozzi
Hi at all,
can I used openDBX for read dbase (.dbf) files or I need try with xbase ?

regards,
Facu

Re: OpenDBX for dbase files

Mariano Martinez Peck

2010/6/11 Facundo Vozzi <[hidden email]>
Hi at all,
can I used openDBX for read dbase (.dbf) files or I need try with xbase ?

Hi Facundo. Sounds Spanish name (or even Argentinian!!!  ;)  )

I don't know if it is possible. I even don't know that dbase is (I had to googled it)

what is xbase also?

I cc'ed openDBX mailing list and maybe Norbert can help you.

Cheers

Mariano

regards,
Facu

Re: OpenDBX for dbase files

Carla F. Griggio
I used xbase for reading dbf. That should work.
But I don't have idea if xbase could be integrated to squeakDBX.

Cheers!
Carla
On Friday, June 11, 2010, Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]> wrote:

> 2010/6/11 Facundo Vozzi <[hidden email]>
>

> Hi at all,can I used openDBX for read dbase (.dbf) files or I need try with xbase ?
>
> Hi Facundo. Sounds Spanish name (or even Argentinian!!!  ;)  )
>
> I don't know if it is possible. I even don't know that dbase is (I had to googled it)
>
> what is xbase also?
>
> I cc'ed openDBX mailing list and maybe Norbert can help you.
>
> Cheers
>
> Mariano
>

> regards,Facu

Re: OpenDBX for dbase files

fvozzi
Hi Mariano,
yes, Facundo sounds Criollo name (I'm Argentinian).

xBase is just I need, I think. I'll try to install on Pharo 1.0. You can see it on http://map.squeak.org/package/ae10a69f-6e8e-49f9-a085-086f31311743.

I'm using magma for my model objects but i need interect with dbase files [*] of other databases (ANSES, AFIP, BCRA, voter list, etc).

Thanks for answer,
Facundo

[*] I used dbase III when i was a Clipper 5 programmer....yes yes, I'm more older than you , i Think

2010/6/11 Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]>

2010/6/11 Facundo Vozzi <[hidden email]>

Hi at all,
can I used openDBX for read dbase (.dbf) files or I need try with xbase ?

Hi Facundo. Sounds Spanish name (or even Argentinian!!!  ;)  )

I don't know if it is possible. I even don't know that dbase is (I had to googled it)

what is xbase also?

I cc'ed openDBX mailing list and maybe Norbert can help you.

Cheers

Mariano

regards,
Facu

Facundo Vozzi
InfOil S.A.
Project Leader
(+54-11) 4542-9999 x108

Re: OpenDBX for dbase files

fvozzi
Carla,
I'll try it.

Thanks,
Facu

On Fri, Jun 11, 2010 at 10:49 AM, Carla F. Griggio <[hidden email]> wrote:
I used xbase for reading dbf. That should work.
But I don't have idea if xbase could be integrated to squeakDBX.

Cheers!
Carla
On Friday, June 11, 2010, Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]> wrote:

> 2010/6/11 Facundo Vozzi <[hidden email]>
>

> Hi at all,can I used openDBX for read dbase (.dbf) files or I need try with xbase ?
>
> Hi Facundo. Sounds Spanish name (or even Argentinian!!!  ;)  )
>
> I don't know if it is possible. I even don't know that dbase is (I had to googled it)
>
> what is xbase also?
>
> I cc'ed openDBX mailing list and maybe Norbert can help you.
>
> Cheers
>
> Mariano
>

> regards,Facu

Facundo Vozzi
InfOil S.A.
Project Leader
(+54-11) 4542-9999 x108

Re: OpenDBX for dbase files

Benoit St-Jean-2
Hi Facundo,

You can use ODBC to access it.

From what I read on the SqueakDBX web page, they don't support xBase files nor ODBC (only ODBC for POstgreSQL is listed) yet.

The xBase package on squeaksource might work but your best bet would be ODBC as far as I know.

ODBC works fine and is rock-solid in Pharo.  I'm using it to connect to PostGreSQL, InterBase, MySQL, Oracle, DB2 and SQL Server without any problem.

Hope this helps.

-----------------
Benoit St-Jean
A standpoint is an intellectual horizon of radius zero.
(Albert Einstein)

Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2010 08:18:14 -0300
From: [hidden email]
To: [hidden email]
Subject: [Pharo-project] OpenDBX for dbase files

Hi at all,
can I used openDBX for read dbase (.dbf) files or I need try with xbase ?

regards,
Facu

Turn down-time into play-time with Messenger games Play Now!

Re: OpenDBX for dbase files

Mariano Martinez Peck

2010/6/17 Benoit St-Jean <[hidden email]>
Hi Facundo,

You can use ODBC to access it.

From what I read on the SqueakDBX web page, they don't support xBase files nor ODBC (only ODBC for POstgreSQL is listed) yet.

Thanks Benoit. It seems you found a bug in the website ;)

http://www.squeakdbx.org/Current%20Support  is wrong, sorry. The thing is that OpenDBX DOES support ODBC and thus, SqueakDBX DOES support ODBC.

However, I could only test it (and works!) with PostgreSQL and SQLServer. But it doesn't mean it doesn't work with others. Just that I couldn't even test it.

The xBase package on squeaksource might work but your best bet would be ODBC as far as I know.

ODBC works fine and is rock-solid in Pharo.  I'm using it to connect to PostGreSQL, InterBase, MySQL, Oracle, DB2 and SQL Server without any problem.

good to know

Hope this helps.

-----------------
Benoit St-Jean
A standpoint is an intellectual horizon of radius zero.
(Albert Einstein)

Re: OpenDBX for dbase files

fvozzi
Beniot,
do you use this for OBDC on Pharo, http://www.squeaksource.com/@N-vIVE5EmBTpAjWY/bYzXEKgO ?

Last night, I tried it but i had my image blocked. Tonight, i'll try it
again.

Thanks,
Facundo

2010/6/17 Benoit St-Jean <[hidden email]>
Hi Facundo,

You can use ODBC to access it.

From what I read on the SqueakDBX web page, they don't support xBase files nor ODBC (only ODBC for POstgreSQL is listed) yet.

The xBase package on squeaksource might work but your best bet would be ODBC as far as I know.

ODBC works fine and is rock-solid in Pharo.  I'm using it to connect to PostGreSQL, InterBase, MySQL, Oracle, DB2 and SQL Server without any problem.

Hope this helps.

-----------------
Benoit St-Jean
A standpoint is an intellectual horizon of radius zero.
(Albert Einstein)

Re: OpenDBX for dbase files

fvozzi
Beniot,
I could do that on Pharo 1.1 without troubles but then I'll try your steps on Pharo 1.0 and i'll notify you the results.

Thanks,
Facundo

2010/6/21 Benoit St-Jean <[hidden email]>
Hi Facundo,

Looking at my notes :

1) Load FFI
 ScriptLoader loadFFI

2)  Load ODBC from SqueakSource.com

MCHttpRepository
    location: 'http://www.squeaksource.com/ODBC'
    user: ''
    password: ''

3) Initialize some stuff

ExternalStructure
    allSubclassesDo: [:each | each compileFields].

Hope this helps.
Let me know if this works...

-----------------

Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2010 08:18:14 -0300
From: [hidden email]Subject: [Pharo-project] OpenDBX for dbase files

Hi at all,
can I used openDBX for read dbase (.dbf) files or I need try with xbase ?

regards,
Facu

Turn down-time into play-time with Messenger games Play Now!

Facundo Vozzi
InfOil S.A.
Project Leader
(+54-11) 4542-9999 x108
[hidden email]

Your Photo on Bing.ca: You Could WIN on Canada Day! Submit a Photo Now!