OpenGL or DirectX in Dolphin?

Jeff M.
Is there anything built into Dolphin for these or any extension
"packages" (sorry, fairly new to Smalltalk and trying to learn the
correct jargon) for it? I know MT has some DirectX functionality
built-in, but Dolphin appears to be light years ahead in overall
functionality, etc.

Jeff M.

Re: OpenGL or DirectX in Dolphin?

Bruno Brasesco
Jeff M. escribió:
> Is there anything built into Dolphin for these or any extension
> "packages" (sorry, fairly new to Smalltalk and trying to learn the
> correct jargon) for it? I know MT has some DirectX functionality
> built-in, but Dolphin appears to be light years ahead in overall
> functionality, etc.
>
> Jeff M.

You have ST3D for Dolphin, which has a nice openGL interface.
http://www.creative-computing-inc.com/st3d.htm

But i do not know anything about ST3D for Dolphin X6, i have used with
Dolphin 5.

Best Regards
Bruno

Re: OpenGL or DirectX in Dolphin?

Christoph J. Bachinger
Jeff
> But i do not know anything about ST3D for Dolphin X6, i have used with
> Dolphin 5.

ST3D does not load into Dolphin D6. As far as I saw because of the
changed View resource from D5 to D6.

cjb

Jeff M. schrieb:
> Is there anything built into Dolphin for these or any extension
> "packages" (sorry, fairly new to Smalltalk and trying to learn the
> correct jargon) for it? I know MT has some DirectX functionality
> built-in, but Dolphin appears to be light years ahead in overall
> functionality, etc.

To access DirectX you can use the ActiveX Component Wizard by using the
Visual Basic 8 or 7 Type library. But there is no Wrapper for DirectX 9
or .net.

cjb