OpenGL questions

Phil B
Just wanted to see if anyone other than me is currently using my OpenGL
port at https://github.com/pbella/Cuis-Ports?  I ask because what is
currently there is from some old Squeak/Croquet code that only supported
OpenGL 1.x (1.3, I believe) and I'm getting ready to update it but will
need to break some things no matter how I decide to do it (i.e. related
to the next question)

Does anyone care about the 'full' OpenGL API anymore?  My general sense
is that unless one is a developer of CAD software or high-end video game
engines, the full/desktop API doesn't add much value esp. given how
limiting it is in terms of portability.  As recent releases of OpenGL
are supersets of OpenGL ES, I'm thinking of just supporting ES and that
way both desktop and mobile devices can be targeted with the same code
and have a much smaller API to deal with.  However, if anyone has a
burning need for a non-ES flavor, now would be the time to speak up.

Thanks,
Phil

Re: OpenGL questions

KenDickey
On Tue, 07 Jul 2015 17:57:40 -0400
"Phil (list)" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Just wanted to see if anyone other than me is currently using my OpenGL
> port at https://github.com/pbella/Cuis-Ports?

Not me (so far).

ES would be great!

-KenD

-KenD

Re: OpenGL questions

Juan Vuletich-4
Hi Phil,

I'm not using it, but it is a very nice to have it. I'd say, stick to
the subset that makes most sense for you. Very few people could need the
full OpenGL api. ES sounds very reasonable to me.

Cheers,
Juan Vuletich