classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

OpenGL resources?

Pharo Smalltalk Users mailing list
Hi,

I need to learn OpenGL for my job and was wondering if any of the OpenGL experts could comment on Pharo's OpenGL integration and its suitability for a learning environment.

Are there any particular packages I should look at that are heavily OpenGL oriented that would make a good base for learning?

Thanks
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: OpenGL resources?

EstebanLM
Hi,

well… there is an (or several) OpenGL packages. 
I would say is a perfect environment because you do not have the compile cycle, but you already know that :)

I’d recommend starting here: 

And in general, anything Ronie does is “graphic-heavy”. I would take one of his projects/demos to learn how to use it.

Esteban

Ps: no, I have no idea about OpenGL :P

On 7 Dec 2018, at 15:45, Todd Blanchard via Pharo-users <[hidden email]> wrote:

Subject: OpenGL resources?
Date: 7 December 2018 at 15:45:10 CET
To: Any question about pharo is welcome <[hidden email]>

Hi,

I need to learn OpenGL for my job and was wondering if any of the OpenGL experts could comment on Pharo's OpenGL integration and its suitability for a learning environment.

Are there any particular packages I should look at that are heavily OpenGL oriented that would make a good base for learning?

Thanks

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: OpenGL resources?

Pharo Smalltalk Users mailing list
I will look at that.  Thanks!

On Dec 7, 2018, at 7:23 AM, Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

well… there is an (or several) OpenGL packages. 
I would say is a perfect environment because you do not have the compile cycle, but you already know that :)

I’d recommend starting here: 

And in general, anything Ronie does is “graphic-heavy”. I would take one of his projects/demos to learn how to use it.

Esteban

Ps: no, I have no idea about OpenGL :P

On 7 Dec 2018, at 15:45, Todd Blanchard via Pharo-users <[hidden email]> wrote:

Subject: OpenGL resources?
Date: 7 December 2018 at 15:45:10 CET
To: Any question about pharo is welcome <[hidden email]>

Hi,

Thanks