OpenGL

Vincent Lesbros-2
Hi,
I need some information about using OpenGL on Windows with VisualWorks.

I am using VisualWorks Release 7.9.1
and OpenGL-Windows parcel, version: 3.0 23

It works fine on lots of configurations, but, I have crashes
under Windows XP. The first lesson of OpenGL-Lessons crashes Visual works.

How can I know the version of OpenGL the package is designed for ?
How can I know the version of OpenGL on my machine ?

Thanks for help,
V.

parcel: OpenGL-Windows
prerequisiteParcels: OrderedCollection (#('DLLCC' '') #('OpenGL' ''))
space: #('4545' '137008')
timestamp: 18 septembre 2009 08:40:57
version: 3.0 23

Re: OpenGL

Vincent Lesbros-2
The version of opengl32.dll is 5.1.2600.5512.
I try to download opengl32.dll version 6.3.9600.17415
But, when I try to copy it in the system32 folder, the old version of the dll is automatically restored... ???

I need some information about using OpenGL on Windows with VisualWorks.

I am using VisualWorks Release 7.9.1
and OpenGL-Windows parcel, version: 3.0 23

It works fine on lots of configurations, but, I have crashes
under Windows XP. The first lesson of OpenGL-Lessons crashes Visual works.

How can I know the version of OpenGL the package is designed for ?
How can I know the version of OpenGL on my machine ?

Thanks for help,
V.

parcel: OpenGL-Windows
prerequisiteParcels: OrderedCollection (#('DLLCC' '') #('OpenGL' ''))
space: #('4545' '137008')
timestamp: 18 septembre 2009 08:40:57
version: 3.0 23

Re: OpenGL

Michael Lucas-Smith-2
The current version of the OpenGL package is a little bit particular about what drivers you have. I have been working on a newer version of the OpenGL package which will support multiple versions of OpenGL and should be a lot more stable. It’s disappointing to hear that you’ve found a particular configuration on Windows XP that doesn’t work, however, Arden can correct me if I’m wrong, we don’t support Windows XP any more. Not that the OpenGL package is supported either - which is why I’ve been working on a new one, one that I’ll be trying to get in to the product as something supported instead of a goodie. There’s no time frame on that at the moment though, sorry.

Cheers,
Michael

> On 26 Feb 2015, at 2:25 am, Vincent Lesbros <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
> I need some information about using OpenGL on Windows with VisualWorks.
>
> I am using VisualWorks Release 7.9.1
> and OpenGL-Windows parcel, version: 3.0 23
>
> It works fine on lots of configurations, but, I have crashes
> under Windows XP. The first lesson of OpenGL-Lessons crashes Visual works.
>
> How can I know the version of OpenGL the package is designed for ?
> How can I know the version of OpenGL on my machine ?
>
> Thanks for help,
> V.
>

> parcel: OpenGL-Windows
> prerequisiteParcels: OrderedCollection (#('DLLCC' '') #('OpenGL' ''))
> space: #('4545' '137008')
> timestamp: 18 septembre 2009 08:40:57
> version: 3.0 23

Re: OpenGL

Vincent Lesbros-2
Thanks Michael,
I know, XP support is over for 1 year at Microsoft.

And what about 64 bit version ?
When I try it, it wasn't working.

The current version of the OpenGL package is a little bit particular about what drivers you have. I have been working on a newer version of the OpenGL package which will support multiple versions of OpenGL and should be a lot more stable. It’s disappointing to hear that you’ve found a particular configuration on Windows XP that doesn’t work, however, Arden can correct me if I’m wrong, we don’t support Windows XP any more. Not that the OpenGL package is supported either - which is why I’ve been working on a new one, one that I’ll be trying to get in to the product as something supported instead of a goodie. There’s no time frame on that at the moment though, sorry.

Cheers,
Michael

> On 26 Feb 2015, at 2:25 am, Vincent Lesbros <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
> I need some information about using OpenGL on Windows with VisualWorks.
>
> I am using VisualWorks Release 7.9.1
> and OpenGL-Windows parcel, version: 3.0 23
>
> It works fine on lots of configurations, but, I have crashes
> under Windows XP. The first lesson of OpenGL-Lessons crashes Visual works.
>
> How can I know the version of OpenGL the package is designed for ?
> How can I know the version of OpenGL on my machine ?
>
> Thanks for help,
> V.
>

> parcel: OpenGL-Windows
> prerequisiteParcels: OrderedCollection (#('DLLCC' '') #('OpenGL' ''))
> space: #('4545' '137008')
> timestamp: 18 septembre 2009 08:40:57
> version: 3.0 23

Re: OpenGL

Michael Lucas-Smith-2
I’m not sure if 64-bit would work, though I know my new version does. The DLLs are the same name (amusingly!) but some of the DLLCC specs need to use 64-bit pointers instead of 32-bit.

Cheers,
Michael

On 1 Mar 2015, at 5:54 am, Vincent Lesbros <[hidden email]> wrote:

Thanks Michael,
I know, XP support is over for 1 year at Microsoft.

And what about 64 bit version ?
When I try it, it wasn't working.

The current version of the OpenGL package is a little bit particular about what drivers you have. I have been working on a newer version of the OpenGL package which will support multiple versions of OpenGL and should be a lot more stable. It’s disappointing to hear that you’ve found a particular configuration on Windows XP that doesn’t work, however, Arden can correct me if I’m wrong, we don’t support Windows XP any more. Not that the OpenGL package is supported either - which is why I’ve been working on a new one, one that I’ll be trying to get in to the product as something supported instead of a goodie. There’s no time frame on that at the moment though, sorry.

Cheers,
Michael

> On 26 Feb 2015, at 2:25 am, Vincent Lesbros <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
> I need some information about using OpenGL on Windows with VisualWorks.
>
> I am using VisualWorks Release 7.9.1
> and OpenGL-Windows parcel, version: 3.0 23
>
> It works fine on lots of configurations, but, I have crashes
> under Windows XP. The first lesson of OpenGL-Lessons crashes Visual works.
>
> How can I know the version of OpenGL the package is designed for ?
> How can I know the version of OpenGL on my machine ?
>
> Thanks for help,
> V.
>

> parcel: OpenGL-Windows
> prerequisiteParcels: OrderedCollection (#('DLLCC' '') #('OpenGL' ''))
> space: #('4545' '137008')
> timestamp: 18 septembre 2009 08:40:57
> version: 3.0 23

Re: OpenGL

Vincent Lesbros-2

"Some" is not very precise. How can we know wich pointers are 64 and wich are 32 ?
 Will you publish a 64 bit version of an interface to openGL in VisualWorks ?

An other question, can we call a 32 bit dll from the 64 bit version of VisualWorks ?

I’m not sure if 64-bit would work, though I know my new version does. The DLLs are the same name (amusingly!) but some of the DLLCC specs need to use 64-bit pointers instead of 32-bit.

Cheers,
Michael

On 1 Mar 2015, at 5:54 am, Vincent Lesbros <[hidden email]> wrote:

Thanks Michael,
I know, XP support is over for 1 year at Microsoft.

And what about 64 bit version ?
When I try it, it wasn't working.

The current version of the OpenGL package is a little bit particular about what drivers you have. I have been working on a newer version of the OpenGL package which will support multiple versions of OpenGL and should be a lot more stable. It’s disappointing to hear that you’ve found a particular configuration on Windows XP that doesn’t work, however, Arden can correct me if I’m wrong, we don’t support Windows XP any more. Not that the OpenGL package is supported either - which is why I’ve been working on a new one, one that I’ll be trying to get in to the product as something supported instead of a goodie. There’s no time frame on that at the moment though, sorry.

Cheers,
Michael

> On 26 Feb 2015, at 2:25 am, Vincent Lesbros <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
> I need some information about using OpenGL on Windows with VisualWorks.
>
> I am using VisualWorks Release 7.9.1
> and OpenGL-Windows parcel, version: 3.0 23
>
> It works fine on lots of configurations, but, I have crashes
> under Windows XP. The first lesson of OpenGL-Lessons crashes Visual works.
>
> How can I know the version of OpenGL the package is designed for ?
> How can I know the version of OpenGL on my machine ?
>
> Thanks for help,
> V.
>

> parcel: OpenGL-Windows
> prerequisiteParcels: OrderedCollection (#('DLLCC' '') #('OpenGL' ''))
> space: #('4545' '137008')
> timestamp: 18 septembre 2009 08:40:57
> version: 3.0 23

Re: OpenGL

Michael Lucas-Smith-2

> On 2 Mar 2015, at 10:47 pm, Vincent Lesbros <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> "Some" is not very precise. How can we know wich pointers are 64 and wich are 32 ?
>  Will you publish a 64 bit version of an interface to openGL in VisualWorks ?

Once I’ve had time to test it and use it in a bit of anger, I will be publishing it. It’s not there yet though. The interface definition is much more rigorously defined in my new version, so the vagueness of ‘some’ doesn’t exist.

> An other question, can we call a 32 bit dll from the 64 bit version of VisualWorks ?

I’m not sure you can do that on any platform? 32 bit execution mode for 32 bit dlls and 64 bit execution mode for 64 bit dlls.

Cheers,
Michael