OpenSSL wrapper [WAS] Re: [smalltalk-research] Re: [Esug-list] Google Summer Of Code 2010 news!!!

1 message Options

OpenSSL wrapper [WAS] Re: [smalltalk-research] Re: [Esug-list] Google Summer Of Code 2010 news!!!

Mariano Martinez Peck

On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 4:10 PM, John O'Keefe <[hidden email]> wrote:
I am willing to co-mentor a Grease project and/or a portable TCPIP implementation (we will need this for the OpenSSL project anyway).

Excellent. We should write the proposal. I only write the title and those 2 lines because I though it was a good idea but I don't know more than what I wrote. I have no idea about OpenSSL....so, any help with the proposal is more than welcome.  And of course, a mentor (you would be the co-mentor as you asked)

Cheers

Mariano

John
On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 2:54 AM, Paolo Bonzini <[hidden email]> wrote:
> We need to write a title, a little description and if possible titles like
> "technical details", "benefits to the students" and "benefits to the
> community".
>
> If you are interested please send it to me and I add it to the list.
>
> We also need a mentor (and a student, of course)...anyone is willing to do
> it ?

I'm willing to co-mentor it, depending on the focus of the project,
though I'd prefer the Grease projects more.

Just a note: our proposals are _ideas_.  A student will be able to
come up with something completely different, and we will have to find
a mentor and everything else.

Paolo

John O'Keefe [|], Principal Smalltalk Architect, Instantiations Inc.