[OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm] 75f466: I fixed a mistake in the compilation of the Squeak...

1 message Options

[OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm] 75f466: I fixed a mistake in the compilation of the Squeak...

Eliot Miranda-3

  Branch: refs/heads/Cog
  Home:   https://github.com/OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm
  Commit: 75f466efe6bb05b85f75cba327626f7267713158
      https://github.com/OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm/commit/75f466efe6bb05b85f75cba327626f7267713158
  Author: Ronie Salgado <[hidden email]>
  Date:   2019-08-22 (Thu, 22 Aug 2019)

  Changed paths:
    M cmake/PluginsCommon.cmake

  Log Message:
  -----------
  I fixed a mistake in the compilation of the SqueakSSL plugin in the minheadless VM for Mac.

  Commit: 23c3d109be15eacd53d11b04c071267d2b1529a5
      https://github.com/OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm/commit/23c3d109be15eacd53d11b04c071267d2b1529a5
  Author: Ronie Salgado <[hidden email]>
  Date:   2019-08-22 (Thu, 22 Aug 2019)

  Changed paths:
    M cmake/PluginsCommon.cmake

  Log Message:
  -----------
  On the minheadless VM that is built using cmake, the add_vm_plugin_sources cmake macro requires specifying the the plugin sources explicitly, which is omitting the src/plugins/SqueakSSL/SqueakSSL.c in the compilation of the plugin. By using the other macro (add_vm_plugin_auto), the platform specific files are automatically found with a glob pattern. This is a mistake that I introduced myself. This problem can be reproduced in Pharo using the minheadless vm of this repository on OS X with the following script:

```smalltalk
url := 'https://google.com' asZnUrl.
ZnClient new
url: url;
get;
response
```

In the case of the minheadless VM for OS X, we are treating the VM as it were an unix since we are removing all of the platform specific windowing code in this VM variant. For this reason, in the cases where OS X is different than another unix, the plugin code has to be added manually.

  Commit: 4a3b1d457f4235898f1c43705a0e3222e8420960
      https://github.com/OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm/commit/4a3b1d457f4235898f1c43705a0e3222e8420960
  Author: Nicolas Cellier <[hidden email]>
  Date:   2019-08-31 (Sat, 31 Aug 2019)

  Changed paths:
    M cmake/PluginsCommon.cmake

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Merge pull request #419 from ronsaldo/bug/fix-minheadless-squeakssl-mac-build

Minheadless SqueakSSL plugin compilation bug fix

Notes from ronsaldo:

On the minheadless VM that is built using cmake, the add_vm_plugin_sources cmake macro requires specifying the the plugin sources explicitly, which is omitting the src/plugins/SqueakSSL/SqueakSSL.c in the compilation of the plugin. By using the other macro (add_vm_plugin_auto), the platform specific files are automatically found with a glob pattern. This is a mistake that I introduced myself. This problem can be reproduced in Pharo using the minheadless vm of this repository on OS X with the following script:

´´´smalltalk
url := 'https://google.com' asZnUrl.
ZnClient new
url: url;
get;
response
´´´

Additional note: why Mac needs the explicit ${SqueakSSL_Sources} while Windows and Unix don't?

Compare: https://github.com/OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm/compare/20a361a0f8d4...4a3b1d457f42