[OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm] b3a682: Allow failure of Newspeak on linux 64

1 message Options

[OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm] b3a682: Allow failure of Newspeak on linux 64

Eliot Miranda-3

  Branch: refs/heads/Cog
  Home:   https://github.com/OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm
  Commit: b3a682a86334b9507ace30068d15180e81df9787
      https://github.com/OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm/commit/b3a682a86334b9507ace30068d15180e81df9787
  Author: Nicolas Cellier <[hidden email]>
  Date:   2019-09-03 (Tue, 03 Sep 2019)

  Changed paths:
    M .travis.yml

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Allow failure of Newspeak on linux 64

This architecture and flavour are failing for a long time
Such failures make the CI status useless
and obstruct integration of unrelated features

It is vital to have a green CI, and these are provisional measures to restore a sane status.
This should not prevent Newspeak teams to investigate the problem further and hopefully resolve it.

  Commit: 734032d6d1c04673afa6aba3ca2e311a7cdadd2d
      https://github.com/OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm/commit/734032d6d1c04673afa6aba3ca2e311a7cdadd2d
  Author: Nicolas Cellier <[hidden email]>
  Date:   2019-09-03 (Tue, 03 Sep 2019)

  Changed paths:
    M .travis.yml

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Also allow Newspeak failure on macos 64

Interesting to know: travis job fails at same point
with about same stack trace on macos64 and linux64

  Commit: 4b644ad1b0695783815d48a7769f7cfd7664e7a6
      https://github.com/OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm/commit/4b644ad1b0695783815d48a7769f7cfd7664e7a6
  Author: Nicolas Cellier <[hidden email]>
  Date:   2019-09-04 (Wed, 04 Sep 2019)

  Changed paths:
    M .travis.yml

  Log Message:
  Merge pull request #425 from OpenSmalltalk/allow_newspeak_linux64_failure

Allow newspeak spur linux & macos x64 failure

Note: it is probably a Spur JIT bug on X64, rather than a newspeak specific problem
We should correct this bug, we should not have let it in, in the first place.
But in the interim, we want to continue to improve other parts and not being stuck.

Compare: https://github.com/OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm/compare/a963d2df3bcc...4b644ad1b069