Opening Active-X browsen on Win XP results in Walk-back

Opening Active-X browsen on Win XP results in Walk-back

Frank Sonnemans-3
Selecting file>>New in the Active-X control browser on Win XP results in the
following error:

14:18:31, woensdag 13 februari 2002: 'HRESULT Error: Invalid value for
registry (FACILITY_ITF)'
OLELibrary(ExternalLibrary)>>invalidCall
OLELibrary>>oleRegGetUserType:dwFormOfType:pszUserType:
COMObjectRegistration>>getUserType:
COMObjectRegistration>>description
[] in ICatInformation class>>controls
SortedCollection>>quicksortFrom:to:
SortedCollection>>sortFrom:to:
SortedCollection>>reSort
SortedCollection>>addAll:
OrderedCollection(Collection)>>asSortedCollection:
ICatInformation class>>controls
AXControlSite class>>chooseControl:
AXControlBrowser>>fileNewControl
Symbol>>forwardTo:
[] in Command>>value
BlockClosure>>ifCurtailed:
BlockClosure>>ensure:
Command>>value
AXControlBrowser(Shell)>>performCommand:
CommandQuery>>perform
DelegatingCommandPolicy(CommandPolicy)>>route:
[] in ShellView(View)>>onCommand:
BlockClosure>>ifCurtailed:
BlockClosure>>ensure:
Cursor>>showWhile:
ShellView(View)>>onCommand:
ShellView(View)>>wmCommand:wParam:lParam:
ShellView(View)>>dispatchMessage:wParam:lParam:
[] in InputState>>wndProc:message:wParam:lParam:cookie:
BlockClosure>>ifCurtailed:
ProcessorScheduler>>callback:evaluate:
InputState>>wndProc:message:wParam:lParam:cookie:
InputState>>pumpMessage:
InputState>>loopWhile:
InputState>>mainLoop
[] in InputState>>forkMain
ExceptionHandler(ExceptionHandlerAbstract)>>markAndTry
[] in ExceptionHandler(ExceptionHandlerAbstract)>>try:
BlockClosure>>ifCurtailed:
BlockClosure>>ensure:
ExceptionHandler(ExceptionHandlerAbstract)>>try:
BlockClosure>>on:do:
[] in BlockClosure>>newProcess

Anyone knows how to fix this?

Regards,

Frank

Re: Opening Active-X browsen on Win XP results in Walk-back

Blair McGlashan
Frank

"Frank Sonnemans" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:[hidden email]...
> Selecting file>>New in the Active-X control browser on Win XP results in
the

> following error:
>
> 14:18:31, woensdag 13 februari 2002: 'HRESULT Error: Invalid value for
> registry (FACILITY_ITF)'
> OLELibrary(ExternalLibrary)>>invalidCall
> OLELibrary>>oleRegGetUserType:dwFormOfType:pszUserType:
> COMObjectRegistration>>getUserType:
> COMObjectRegistration>>description
> [] in ICatInformation class>>controls

I don't get this problem on my XP machines, so perhaps you have a corrupt
COM object registration. This is a common problem, and Dolphin should be
handling the error more robustly.

> Anyone knows how to fix this?

A workaround is to modify the OLELibrary>>oleRegGetUserType:etc method and
change the 'hresult' return type to 'sdword'. This will supress any errors
accessing the registration information from the registry.

Regards

Blair