Operating Smalltalkhub from Pharo

kilon.alios
I wonder if there is a way to operate smalltalkhub from pharo. What would interest me is to browser smalltalkhub from pharo and do anything I can do from the website with pharo.

I am new with these things so I assume Zinc would be useful here , no ?

is there any docs for smalltalkhub api ?

Anyone tried something similar before ?

I tried to load Smalltalkub configuration but it looks like that the config does not define neither a stable or a developement version .

Re: Operating Smalltalkhub from Pharo

Damien Cassou
https://ci.inria.fr/pharo-contribution/job/SmalltalkHub/?

There is an undocumented REST API that the Amber client uses.

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

losing enthusiasm."
Winston Churchill

Re: Operating Smalltalkhub from Pharo

Tudor Girba-2
I am interested in this as well.

I looked a bit at the Hub REST API, and I see I can do this:

ShRepositoryHandler>>getPackagesOf: name owner: username
<get>
<path: '/{username}/{name}/packages'>
<produces: 'text/json'>

Naively, I am trying to just get it like this:

but it obviously does not work.

What am I missing? Authentication?

Cheers,
Doru

On Mon, Jul 28, 2014 at 1:56 PM, Damien Cassou <[hidden email]> wrote:
https://ci.inria.fr/pharo-contribution/job/SmalltalkHub/?

There is an undocumented REST API that the Amber client uses.

On Sun, Jul 27, 2014 at 2:23 PM, kilon alios <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I wonder if there is a way to operate smalltalkhub from pharo. What would
> interest me is to browser smalltalkhub from pharo and do anything I can do
> from the website with pharo.
>
> I am new with these things so I assume Zinc would be useful here , no ?
>
> is there any docs for smalltalkhub api ?
>
> Anyone tried something similar before ?
>
> I tried to load Smalltalkub configuration but it looks like that the config
> does not define neither a stable or a developement version .

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

losing enthusiasm."
Winston Churchill

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: Operating Smalltalkhub from Pharo

EstebanLM

On 28 Jul 2014, at 17:20, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:

I am interested in this as well.

I looked a bit at the Hub REST API, and I see I can do this:

ShRepositoryHandler>>getPackagesOf: name owner: username
<get>
<path: '/{username}/{name}/packages'>
<produces: 'text/json'>

Naively, I am trying to just get it like this:

but it obviously does not work.

What am I missing? Authentication?

yes.
please notice there is also the package HubClient (under smalltalkhub project), who already provides a entry point for querying sthub from pharo (but… most probably is unmaintained and with errors, he).

Esteban

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: Operating Smalltalkhub from Pharo

kilon.alios
thanks damien and esteban :)

On Mon, Jul 28, 2014 at 2:56 PM, Damien Cassou <[hidden email]> wrote:
https://ci.inria.fr/pharo-contribution/job/SmalltalkHub/?

There is an undocumented REST API that the Amber client uses.

On Sun, Jul 27, 2014 at 2:23 PM, kilon alios <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I wonder if there is a way to operate smalltalkhub from pharo. What would
> interest me is to browser smalltalkhub from pharo and do anything I can do
> from the website with pharo.
>
> I am new with these things so I assume Zinc would be useful here , no ?
>
> is there any docs for smalltalkhub api ?
>
> Anyone tried something similar before ?
>
> I tried to load Smalltalkub configuration but it looks like that the config
> does not define neither a stable or a developement version .

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

losing enthusiasm."
Winston Churchill

Re: Operating Smalltalkhub from Pharo

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2

On 28 Jul 2014, at 17:20, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Naively, I am trying to just get it like this:
> ZnEasy get: 'http://smalltalkhub.com/girba/GPlay/packages'

It is almost that easy, you just need the right API:

ZnClient new
  contentReader: [ :entity | NeoJSONReader fromString: entity contents ];
  get: 'http://smalltalkhub.com/hub/projects/SvenVanCaekenberghe'

I just got this call from looking at the XHR traffic in the browser, I really do not know the rest of the API.

HTH,

Sven

Re: Operating Smalltalkhub from Pharo

Stephan Eggermont-3