Option for as-in-moose debugger layout

Uko2
Hi,

is it possible to have some setting to switch the debugger into the layout that is used in Moose? I.e. have the stack vertically on the left.

Because come on, look at this image:

only 3 lines of variables? And you see all that empty space on the right both in source code and variables pane?

Cheers.
Uko

Re: Option for as-in-moose debugger layout

Denis Kudriashov
I want it too (but I never try it).

And maybe it is good time to force people taste it as default? (with setting to return classic one)

is it possible to have some setting to switch the debugger into the layout that is used in Moose? I.e. have the stack vertically on the left.

Because come on, look at this image:

only 3 lines of variables? And you see all that empty space on the right both in source code and variables pane?

Cheers.
Uko

Re: Option for as-in-moose debugger layout

webwarrior
I second this.

Have been using GTDebugger since Pharo3 and always found its layout more convenient.

Re: Option for as-in-moose debugger layout

CyrilFerlicot
Le 27/07/2016 à 15:04, Denis Kudriashov a écrit :
> I want it too (but I never try it).
>
> And maybe it is good time to force people taste it as default? (with
> setting to return classic one)

Hi,

At the integration it was the default but it was changed since more
people found the old way more convenient.

But I agree it should be a setting :)

--
Cyril Ferlicot

http://www.synectique.eu

165 Avenue Bretagne
Lille 59000 France

I was think that problem was related to Mooc videos which was made with classic debugger look

Re: Option for as-in-moose debugger layout

Peter Uhnak

Also nobody likes change, so naturally everyone complains.

Re: Option for as-in-moose debugger layout

Uko2

> On 29 Jul 2016, at 14:41, Peter Uhnak <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> On Fri, Jul 29, 2016 at 01:28:57PM +0200, Cyril Ferlicot D. wrote:
>> Le 27/07/2016 à 15:04, Denis Kudriashov a écrit :
>>> I want it too (but I never try it).
>>>
>>> And maybe it is good time to force people taste it as default? (with
>>> setting to return classic one)
>>>

>> Hi,
>>
>> At the integration it was the default but it was changed since more
>> people found the old way more convenient.
>
> Also nobody likes change, so naturally everyone complains.

And it’s ok that people have different opinions. I was just asking whether it will be hard to have the layout changeable with a setting

Re: Option for as-in-moose debugger layout

akevalion
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.