OraclePlatform defines REGEXP_LIKE but not DB2Platform

OraclePlatform defines REGEXP_LIKE but not DB2Platform

jtuchel
Hi there,

I am not sure if the Glorp maintainers at Cincom are following this list, but I have a suggestion for the DB2Platform. DB2 has added REGEXP_LIKE quite a while ago, so Glorp should add this to the functions of the DB2 Platform in #initializeFunctions.

This line should be copied from OraclePlatform>>#initializeFunctions to DB2Platform>>#initializeFunctions

    functions at: #regexMatches: put: (PrefixFunction named: 'REGEXP_LIKE').

In my VA Smalltalk image and the officially shipped version of GLorp in VA Smalltalk, this is not the case. I haven't checked in VW or Pharo (which, to my knowledge, also is behind the VW version). I tried in VAST and this works fine.

I also haven't checked if AdabasLikePlatform, MySQLPlatform etc. should add the function as well - I don't know if these databases also support REGEXP_LIKE...

Joachim

Re: OraclePlatform defines REGEXP_LIKE but not DB2Platform

jtuchel
Thanks Niall,

not a problem to have it later. I know how to add it myself, just wanted
to make sure this gets into the base someday.

Joachim

Am 12.11.18 um 19:25 schrieb Niall Ross:

> Dear Joachim,
>    good point.  It is too late to add this to the Glorp 8.3.2 version
> but it will be in the Glorp 9.0 version.  Thanks for mentioning.
>
>                Yours faithfully
>                      Niall Ross

Benoit St-Jean
MySQL supports REGEXP_LIKE as of version 8.0.

Previously, it was known as REGEXP and/or RLIKE depending on the versions