Order of updateRoot: in WAComponent

1 message Options

Order of updateRoot: in WAComponent

jtuchel
Hi,

I cannot find a way to make sure an addition of a script to a component's <head> section shows up before others. My problem is that I need to add Google's html5shim script for IE Browsers. What I'm trying to do is this:

updateRoot: anHtmlRoot
	anHtmlRoot if lessThan; ie: '9';
		do: [anHtmlRoot script url: 'http://html5shim.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/html5.js'].
        super updateRoot: anHtmlRoot

Unfortunately, the comment and script link always show up as last entry in the <head> section. Funnily, this is also the case if I do the super call first. I added a Breakpoint to WAHtmlRoot>>#writeElementsOn: and can clearly see that my script element is among the last of the headElements collection.

So what can I do to ensure this is added before all the other scripts and CSS links? I even tried in my WASession subclass' updateRoot: to no avail.

I want to replace quite a few jQuery elements by using clean html5 and it works nicely in Opera and Firefox, but have no chance to test it on IE...

Any hint is welcome

Joachim