OrderedCollection>>at:ifAbsentPut:?

Dale Henrichs
While porting 3.0.6 to GemStone, I came across some new code in WAUrl that uses #at:ifAbsentPut: on an OrderedCollection (see WAUrl>>privatePathParameterMapAt:)... this is new code for 3.0.6 and I thought that I would call attention to it.

OrderedCollection>>at:ifAbsentPut: is not implemented for Dolphin or VisualWorks (at least the version James and I checked) so this code might be trouble down the road ...

For GemStone, I will add OrderedCollection>>at:ifAbsentPut: to the compat layer, but you may want to rethink whether or not you will add Grease support, changed the algorithm, or????

Dale

Re: OrderedCollection>>at:ifAbsentPut:?

Philippe Marschall
2011/9/7 Julian Fitzell <[hidden email]>:
> Let's rewrite it...

Agree.

Cheers
Philippe

Re: OrderedCollection>>at:ifAbsentPut:?

Dale Henrichs
I assume that we won't hold up 3.0.6 for the fix to Issue 686?

Dale

| 2011/9/7 Julian Fitzell <[hidden email]>:
| > Let's rewrite it...
|
| Agree.
|
| Cheers
| Philippe

Re: OrderedCollection>>at:ifAbsentPut:?

John O'Keefe

I see no reason to.

John O'Keefe [|]
Principal Smalltalk Architect, Instantions Inc.