Origins [poll]

123

Origins [poll]

Miguel Cobá
It is a new year and I thought that it would be good to know from which
part of the world each person in this list is (or was born), so we can
get a better look at the diversity of the community.

I start:

Name|Native Language|Greeting in native lang|Born country|Writing from

Miguel Cobá|Spanish|Hola|Mexico|Mexico City,Mexico

Cheers
--
Miguel Cobá
http://twitter.com/MiguelCobaMtz

Re: Origins [poll]

csrabak
Miguel,

You rather create a wiki page (or edit the one Stef intends to put our pictures in a near future ;-)

my 0.01999...

--
Cesar Rabak

Name|Native Language|Greeting in native lang|Born country|Writing from
Cesar Rabak |Spanish/Portuguese/Italian|Hola/Olá/Ciao|Peru|São Paulo, SP - Brazil

Em 05/01/2011 19:38, Miguel Cobá < [hidden email] > escreveu:
It is a new year and I thought that it would be good to know from which
part of the world each person in this list is (or was born), so we can
get a better look at the diversity of the community.

I start:

Name|Native Language|Greeting in native lang|Born country|Writing from

Miguel Cobá|Spanish|Hola|Mexico|Mexico City,Mexico

Cheers
--
Miguel Cobá
http://twitter.com/MiguelCobaMtz
http://miguel.leugim.com.mx

Re: Origins [poll]

Miguel Cobá
;) but wikis are boring and the entrance price is higher compared to
replying a mail. Also, is just for fun. I think that the list will bring
some surprises relative to the place in the world where Pharo is
reaching.

Cheers

--
Miguel Cobá
http://twitter.com/MiguelCobaMtz
http://miguel.leugim.com.mx

Re: Origins [poll]

garduino
2011/1/5 Miguel Cobá <[hidden email]>:
> It is a new year and I thought that it would be good to know from which
> part of the world each person in this list is (or was born), so we can
> get a better look at the diversity of the community.
>
> I start:

Name|Native Language|Greeting in native lang|Born country|Writing from

Miguel Cobá|Spanish|Hola|Mexico|Mexico City,Mexico
Germán Arduino|Spanish|Hola|Argentina|Sunchales, Argentina

:)

Re: Origins [poll]

Alexandre Bergel
> Name|Native Language|Greeting in native lang|Born country|Writing from

I would like to add some keywords of my interests:

Alexandre Bergel | French | Bonjour | France | Chile | software quality, code profiling, visualization, moose

Alexandre

> Miguel Cobá|Spanish|Hola|Mexico|Mexico City,Mexico
>
> Cheers
> --
> Miguel Cobá
> http://twitter.com/MiguelCobaMtz
> http://miguel.leugim.com.mx

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

Re: Origins [poll]

tfleig
Tony Fleig|English (well, American English)|Yo|USA|California, USA

TF

On Wed, Jan 5, 2011 at 1:38 PM, Miguel Cobá <[hidden email]> wrote:

> It is a new year and I thought that it would be good to know from which
> part of the world each person in this list is (or was born), so we can
> get a better look at the diversity of the community.
>
> I start:
>
> Name|Native Language|Greeting in native lang|Born country|Writing from
>
> Miguel Cobá|Spanish|Hola|Mexico|Mexico City,Mexico
>
> Cheers
> --
> Miguel Cobá
> http://twitter.com/MiguelCobaMtz
> http://miguel.leugim.com.mx

Re: Origins [poll]

Adrian Lienhard

On Jan 6, 2011, at 00:37 , [hidden email] wrote:

> Miguel,
>
> You rather create a wiki page (or edit the one Stef intends to put our pictures in a near future ;-)

BTW, we already have a page with pictures: http://pharo-project.org/community/contributors. Certainly there are people missing (I didn't check). We could also extend the information on this page, with country and language if this is desired (not so important for me), or the Twitter name (more interesting).

Cheers,
Adrian

> my 0.01999...
>
> --
> Cesar Rabak
>
> Name|Native Language|Greeting in native lang|Born country|Writing from
> Cesar Rabak |Spanish/Portuguese/Italian|Hola/Olá/Ciao|Peru|São Paulo, SP - Brazil
>

> Em 05/01/2011 19:38, Miguel Cobá < [hidden email] > escreveu:
> It is a new year and I thought that it would be good to know from which
> part of the world each person in this list is (or was born), so we can
> get a better look at the diversity of the community.
>
> I start:
>
> Name|Native Language|Greeting in native lang|Born country|Writing from
>
> Miguel Cobá|Spanish|Hola|Mexico|Mexico City,Mexico
>
> Cheers
> --
> Miguel Cobá
> http://twitter.com/MiguelCobaMtz
> http://miguel.leugim.com.mx

Re: Origins [poll]

Janko Mivšek
Nice initiative Miguel, here is my entry:

Janko Mivšek | Slovenian | Zdravo | Slovenia | Ljubljana | web apps

--
Janko Mivšek
AIDA/Web
http://www.aidaweb.si

Re: Origins [poll]

csrabak
Miguel,

What I'm was thinking when pointing out that is that otherwise the info about Pharoers will be scattered (I'll refrain of a more strong word) in a mail list archive whose value will not accrued in full.

Your point about wikis being boring and entrance price higher, I was not thinking in the repliers having to go the wiki themselves ;-)

--
Cesar Rabak

--
Miguel Cobá
http://twitter.com/MiguelCobaMtz
http://miguel.leugim.com.mx

Re: Origins [poll]

> Name|Native Language|Greeting in native lang|Born country|Writing from

Stéphane Ducasse | French | Salut | France | Lille

Re: Origins [poll]

Mariano Martinez Peck
Mariano Martinez Peck | Spanish | Hola | Argentina | Douai, France | fly fishing?

cheers

mariano

El jue, 06-01-2011 a las 09:13 +0100, Adrian Lienhard escribió:
> On Jan 6, 2011, at 00:37 , [hidden email] wrote:
>
> > Miguel,
> >
> > You rather create a wiki page (or edit the one Stef intends to put our pictures in a near future ;-)
>
> BTW, we already have a page with pictures: http://pharo-project.org/community/contributors. Certainly there are people missing (I didn't check). We could also extend the information on this page, with country and language if this is desired (not so important for me), or the Twitter name (more interesting).

Yes, I now, I'm there btw, but this is funny and quick. Just for the fun
of knowing where are we from and to learn about unknown places for us.
Diversity is fantastic and always interesting.
I could, yes, compile the list and send it to Laurent, to update the
contributors page with more info at the end of this thread.

Cheers

--
Miguel Cobá
http://twitter.com/MiguelCobaMtz
http://miguel.leugim.com.mx

Re: Origins [poll]

vonbecmann
Name|Native Language|Greeting in native lang|Born country|Writing from

Bernardo Contreras | Spanish | Hola | Argentina | Buenos Aires, Argentina

cheers

Re: Origins [poll]

Alexandre Bergel
It would be cool to know what are your key interests

Alexandre

On 6 Jan 2011, at 14:04, Bernardo Ezequiel Contreras wrote:

> Name|Native Language|Greeting in native lang|Born country|Writing from
>
> Bernardo Contreras | Spanish | Hola | Argentina | Buenos Aires, Argentina
>

> cheers

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

Re: Origins [poll]

vonbecmann

Name|Native Language|Greeting in native lang|Born country|Writing from | Interests

Bernardo Contreras | Spanish | Hola | Argentina | Buenos Aires, Argentina | guitar?, smalltalk, lisp, emacs, domain driven design

cheers

Re: Origins [poll]

Benoit St-Jean
Name|Native Language|Greeting in native lang|Born country|Writing from

Benoit St-Jean | French | Salut | Canada | Montréal

-----------------
Benoit St-Jean
Yahoo! Messenger: bstjean
A standpoint is an intellectual horizon of radius zero.
(Albert Einstein)

Re: Origins [poll]

Jimmie Houchin-5
Jimmie Houchin | English | Hello / Howdy| Carlsbad, New Mexico, USA |
North of Dallas, Texas, USA | Chile Head, Pepper Belly, writing a
Financial Investment app

Re: Origins [poll]

Alain Plantec-4
Name|Native Language|Greeting in native lang|Born country|Writing from
Alain Plantec|French|Bonjour|France|Brest, Brittany, France

Re: Origins [poll]

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Name|Native Language|Greeting in native lang|Born country|Writing from|Interests
Sean DeNigris | English | What's up | USA | New York, New York | Hockey, surfing, reading
Cheers,
Sean

Re: Origins [poll]

gcotelli
Name|Native Language|Greeting in native lang|Born country|Writing from|
Gabriel Cotelli|Spanish|Hola|Argentina|Buenos Aires, Argentina|