Ottawa Smalltalk Group meeting - Vista Smalltalk

1 message Options

Ottawa Smalltalk Group meeting - Vista Smalltalk

davidbuck
     Vista Smalltalk
    Peter Fisk

    HP5115 Carleton University, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    November 1, 2006 at 7:00pm

    In first part of the presentation, I will use PowerPoint slides to
discuss the ideas behind Vista Smalltalk. Then, I will give a short
online demonstation. Finally, I will answer any general questions.

        * Introduction
        * .Net Environment
              o why it was created
              o the virtual machine
              o the libraries
              o development tools
              o threading
              o Xaml
              o Vista
              o IE7 and WPF/e
              o deployment options
              o scripting in .Net
              o new class of Internet applications
        * Smalltalk and .Net
              o Smalltalk history
              o implementation in .Net
              o image/no image
              o primitives
              o "third wave" language
        * Online Vista Smalltalk Demo in IE7
        * Questions

Location Details
The meeting will be held in Room 5115, Herzberg Laboratories (building
13 on the map at http://www.carleton.ca/cu/campus/ ). Pay-parking is
available in Lot 1, 2, and parking meters can be found along University
Drive. Free parking is available across Bronson Avenue opposite Lot 5.

Please RSVP to [hidden email] if you plan to attend.