Our Summer of Code application was rejected

Our Summer of Code application was rejected

Paolo Bonzini-2
Hi all,

unfortunately I have to bear bad news from Google; ESUG's application
was rejected this year.

I'll ask Google for more information about the rejection next Friday,
and post them to both the mentors mailing list and the ESUG mailing list.

Thanks,

Paolo and Nicolas

Re: [gsoc-mentors] Our Summer of Code application was rejected

SergeStinckwich
Yes, bad news for the community ...
I would like to thank you with Nicolas for taking care of ESUG
proposal this year in a very short period of time.
Regards,

On Mon, Feb 24, 2014 at 10:31 PM, Paolo Bonzini <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> unfortunately I have to bear bad news from Google; ESUG's application was
> rejected this year.
>
> I'll ask Google for more information about the rejection next Friday, and
> post them to both the mentors mailing list and the ESUG mailing list.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Paolo and Nicolas

Serge Stinckwich
UCBN & UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC)
Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk
http://www.doesnotunderstand.org/

Re: [gsoc-mentors] Our Summer of Code application was rejected

Tudor Girba-2
Indeed. Thanks for your efforts.

It would still be interesting to know what the problem was.

Doru

On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 8:41 AM, Serge Stinckwich <[hidden email]> wrote:
Yes, bad news for the community ...
I would like to thank you with Nicolas for taking care of ESUG
proposal this year in a very short period of time.
Regards,

On Mon, Feb 24, 2014 at 10:31 PM, Paolo Bonzini <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> unfortunately I have to bear bad news from Google; ESUG's application was
> rejected this year.
>
> I'll ask Google for more information about the rejection next Friday, and
> post them to both the mentors mailing list and the ESUG mailing list.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Paolo and Nicolas

Serge Stinckwich
UCBN & UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC)
Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk
http://www.doesnotunderstand.org/

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: [gsoc-mentors] Our Summer of Code application was rejected

askoh
Administrator
In 2010 we had a rejection too. I got the following email explaining. So that is what probably happened again. We used up our turn.

Aik-Siong Koh

Quoting Leslie Hawthorn :

Hello Aik-Siong,

Thank you for your email. I am afraid the feedback I will have for you will not be very satisfying. We simply chose not to accept some organizations this year that we had in the past, and Squeak was one that was debated for quite awhile. We are varying the mix of projects each year and as we decided to accept fewer organizations this year - down to 150 - we were forced to make some very tough decisions. Your application was good and we sincerely thank you for all that you have done in the past with Google Summer of Code.

With best regards,
LH

--
Leslie Hawthorn
Program Manager - Open Source
Google Inc.

Re: [gsoc-mentors] Our Summer of Code application was rejected

askoh
Administrator
In was 2009, not 2010, that Squeak Smalltalk was rejected by GSOC.

Aik-Siong Koh