Out of memory with large mse File

Thomas Haug
Hi everybody,

I have created a large FAMIX 3.0 file using InFamix form the wildfly (a.k.a. JBOSS) aplication server.
This file is about 142 MB large with 7 853 171 lines.

Importing that MSE file into Moose 4.9 (with pharo) on Windows and MacOS with 8GB RAM fails due to out of memory.

Is there an easy possibility to increase the the memory of the VM? I have only found some older postings talking about recompiling the VM.

Thank you very much
Thomas

Re: Out of memory with large mse File

abergel
No idea, but i am interested in the solution. As far as I have understood, the coming new VM will support memory better

Sorry to not be able to help more

Alexandre

Le 20-02-2014 à 10:25, Thomas Haug <[hidden email]> a écrit :

Hi everybody,

I have created a large FAMIX 3.0 file using InFamix form the wildfly (a.k.a. JBOSS) aplication server.
This file is about 142 MB large with 7 853 171 lines.

Importing that MSE file into Moose 4.9 (with pharo) on Windows and MacOS with 8GB RAM fails due to out of memory.

Is there an easy possibility to increase the the memory of the VM? I have only found some older postings talking about recompiling the VM.

Thank you very much
Thomas

Re: Out of memory with large mse File

Thomas Haug
Hi Alexandre,

thank you for your answer.
So I will have to wait... ;-)

Cheers Thomas

-----------
Thomas Haug

Principal Consultant

MATHEMA Software GmbH

Anschrift:
  Henkestraße 91
  91052 E r l a n g e n
Telefon:
  09131/8903- 0
Telefax:
  09131/8903-55
E-Mail:
  [hidden email]
Internet:
  http://www.mathema.de
Handelsregister:
  HR B 8965, Fürth/Bayern
Geschäftsführer:
  Michael Wiedeking
  Andreas Hanke

No idea, but i am interested in the solution. As far as I have understood, the coming new VM will support memory better

Sorry to not be able to help more

Alexandre

Le 20-02-2014 à 10:25, Thomas Haug <[hidden email]> a écrit :

Hi everybody,

I have created a large FAMIX 3.0 file using InFamix form the wildfly (a.k.a. JBOSS) aplication server.
This file is about 142 MB large with 7 853 171 lines.

Importing that MSE file into Moose 4.9 (with pharo) on Windows and MacOS with 8GB RAM fails due to out of memory.

Is there an easy possibility to increase the the memory of the VM? I have only found some older postings talking about recompiling the VM.

Thank you very much
Thomas

Re: Out of memory with large mse File

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

On Windows, you have to modify the Pharo.ini. For example, you can allow 1GB of memory by adding this line:

AddressSpaceLimit=1024

Cheers,
Doru

On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 4:18 PM, Thomas Haug <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Alexandre,

thank you for your answer.
So I will have to wait... ;-)

Cheers Thomas

-----------
Thomas Haug

Principal Consultant

MATHEMA Software GmbH

Anschrift:
  Henkestraße 91
  91052 E r l a n g e n
Telefon:
  09131/8903- 0
Telefax:
  09131/8903-55
E-Mail:
  [hidden email]
Internet:
  http://www.mathema.de
Handelsregister:
  HR B 8965, Fürth/Bayern
Geschäftsführer:
  Michael Wiedeking
  Andreas Hanke

No idea, but i am interested in the solution. As far as I have understood, the coming new VM will support memory better

Sorry to not be able to help more

Alexandre

Le 20-02-2014 à 10:25, Thomas Haug <[hidden email]> a écrit :

Hi everybody,

I have created a large FAMIX 3.0 file using InFamix form the wildfly (a.k.a. JBOSS) aplication server.
This file is about 142 MB large with 7 853 171 lines.

Importing that MSE file into Moose 4.9 (with pharo) on Windows and MacOS with 8GB RAM fails due to out of memory.

Is there an easy possibility to increase the the memory of the VM? I have only found some older postings talking about recompiling the VM.

Thank you very much
Thomas

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: Out of memory with large mse File

Tudor Girba-2

Could you tell me exactly what and how you parsed?

I would be interested in looking at the problem.

Cheers,
Doru

On Thu, Feb 20, 2014 at 4:25 PM, Thomas Haug <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi everybody,

I have created a large FAMIX 3.0 file using InFamix form the wildfly (a.k.a. JBOSS) aplication server.
This file is about 142 MB large with 7 853 171 lines.

Importing that MSE file into Moose 4.9 (with pharo) on Windows and MacOS with 8GB RAM fails due to out of memory.

Is there an easy possibility to increase the the memory of the VM? I have only found some older postings talking about recompiling the VM.

Thank you very much
Thomas

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: Out of memory with large mse File

thomas

there are a lot of information that can be removed from MSE: for example each this.call() create a separate this entity
and may other cases.

The smalltalk importer can really cherry pick the entities that should be exported now I do not know if this is possible in InFamix.

Stef