Overlay dialogs?

Boris Popov, DeepCove Labs (SNN)
Where do I find those cool looking modal dialogs that overlay a transparent
div over the rest of the screen? I've seen those used a lot in Dabble as
well as Yahoo's UI library. All I want for starters is a nicer looking
confirmation dialog if that makes it any easier.

Thanks!

-Boris

--
+1.604.689.0322
DeepCove Labs Ltd.

[hidden email]

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

attachments.

Thank you.

smime.p7s (4K) Download Attachment

Re: Overlay dialogs?

Chad Nantais-2
Boris,

I think you're referring to a Lightbox.

Seaside's Scriptaculous and ShoreComponent libraries have support for
this, but to what degree, I don't know as I haven't tried.

Chad

On 5/25/06, Boris Popov <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Where do I find those cool looking modal dialogs that overlay a transparent
> div over the rest of the screen? I've seen those used a lot in Dabble as
> well as Yahoo's UI library. All I want for starters is a nicer looking
> confirmation dialog if that makes it any easier.
>
> Thanks!
>
> -Boris
>
> --
> +1.604.689.0322
> DeepCove Labs Ltd.
> 4th floor 595 Howe Street
> Vancouver, Canada V6C 2T5
>
> [hidden email]
>
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
>
> This email is intended only for the persons named in the message
> header. Unless otherwise indicated, it contains information that is
> private and confidential. If you have received it in error, please
> notify the sender and delete the entire message including any
> attachments.
>
> Thank you.

Re: Overlay dialogs?

Boris Popov-4
Chad Nantais wrote:
> Boris,
>
> I think you're referring to a Lightbox.
>
> Seaside's Scriptaculous and ShoreComponent libraries have support for
> this, but to what degree, I don't know as I haven't tried.

I thought Lightbox is for displaying images only?

http://www.huddletogether.com/projects/lightbox/

I just used the Lightbox Plus today to do just that, but I'm looking for
something like the Yahoo's UI dialogs,

http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/examples/container/panel-aqua.html
http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/examples/container/dialog.html
http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/examples/container/simpledialog.html

Cheers!

-Boris

> Chad
>
> On 5/25/06, Boris Popov <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Where do I find those cool looking modal dialogs that overlay a
>> transparent
>> div over the rest of the screen? I've seen those used a lot in Dabble as
>> well as Yahoo's UI library. All I want for starters is a nicer looking
>> confirmation dialog if that makes it any easier.
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> -Boris
>>
>> --
>> +1.604.689.0322
>> DeepCove Labs Ltd.
>> 4th floor 595 Howe Street
>> Vancouver, Canada V6C 2T5
>>
>> [hidden email]
>>
>> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
>>
>> This email is intended only for the persons named in the message
>> header. Unless otherwise indicated, it contains information that is
>> private and confidential. If you have received it in error, please
>> notify the sender and delete the entire message including any
>> attachments.
>>
>> Thank you.

Re: Overlay dialogs?

Chad Nantais-2
Boris,

Lightbox is intended for images, but I have seen folks use it for
forms and text.

There's an example on this site:
http://particletree.com/features/lightbox-gone-wild/

Namely, the "Submit an Inquiry" box on this exmaple page:
http://particletree.com/examples/lightbox/

I can't remember other examples I've seen off the top of my head.

Cheers,

Chad

On 5/25/06, Boris Popov <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Chad Nantais wrote:
> > Boris,
> >
> > I think you're referring to a Lightbox.
> >
> > Seaside's Scriptaculous and ShoreComponent libraries have support for
> > this, but to what degree, I don't know as I haven't tried.
>
> I thought Lightbox is for displaying images only?
>
> http://www.huddletogether.com/projects/lightbox/
>
> I just used the Lightbox Plus today to do just that, but I'm looking for
> something like the Yahoo's UI dialogs,
>
> http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/examples/container/panel-aqua.html
> http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/examples/container/dialog.html
> http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/examples/container/simpledialog.html
>
> Cheers!
>
> -Boris
>

> > Chad
> >
> > On 5/25/06, Boris Popov <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >> Where do I find those cool looking modal dialogs that overlay a
> >> transparent
> >> div over the rest of the screen? I've seen those used a lot in Dabble as
> >> well as Yahoo's UI library. All I want for starters is a nicer looking
> >> confirmation dialog if that makes it any easier.
> >>
> >> Thanks!
> >>
> >> -Boris
> >>
> >> --
> >> +1.604.689.0322
> >> DeepCove Labs Ltd.
> >> 4th floor 595 Howe Street
> >> Vancouver, Canada V6C 2T5
> >>
> >> [hidden email]
> >>
> >> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
> >>
> >> This email is intended only for the persons named in the message
> >> header. Unless otherwise indicated, it contains information that is
> >> private and confidential. If you have received it in error, please
> >> notify the sender and delete the entire message including any
> >> attachments.
> >>
> >> Thank you.

Re: Overlay dialogs?

Boris Popov-4
Chad Nantais wrote:

> Boris,
>
> Lightbox is intended for images, but I have seen folks use it for
> forms and text.
>
> There's an example on this site:
> http://particletree.com/features/lightbox-gone-wild/
>
> Namely, the "Submit an Inquiry" box on this exmaple page:
> http://particletree.com/examples/lightbox/
>
> I can't remember other examples I've seen off the top of my head.

Oh that's neat, I'll give this a whirl.

Thanks!

-Boris

> On 5/25/06, Boris Popov <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Chad Nantais wrote:
>> > Boris,
>> >
>> > I think you're referring to a Lightbox.
>> >
>> > Seaside's Scriptaculous and ShoreComponent libraries have support for
>> > this, but to what degree, I don't know as I haven't tried.
>>
>> I thought Lightbox is for displaying images only?
>>
>> http://www.huddletogether.com/projects/lightbox/
>>
>> I just used the Lightbox Plus today to do just that, but I'm looking for
>> something like the Yahoo's UI dialogs,
>>
>> http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/examples/container/panel-aqua.html
>> http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/examples/container/dialog.html
>> http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/examples/container/simpledialog.html
>>
>> Cheers!
>>
>> -Boris
>>

>> > Chad

>> Dabble as

Re: Overlay dialogs?

cbeler

> Oh that's neat, I'll give this a whirl.

I think what's provided by scriptaculous do the same... but you need to
download the latest one... as the demo site is not updated yet. Then,
light box is used fot he dialog that presents code exemples (view
source)...

Here is a screenshot...
http://cdrick.seasidehosting.st/seaside/pier/screenshot/test

Cédrick

Re: Overlay dialogs?

Boris Popov-4
Cédrick Béler wrote:

>> Oh that's neat, I'll give this a whirl.
>>
> I think what's provided by scriptaculous do the same... but you need to
> download the latest one... as the demo site is not updated yet. Then,
> light box is used fot he dialog that presents code exemples (view
> source)...
>
> Here is a screenshot...
> http://cdrick.seasidehosting.st/seaside/pier/screenshot/test

Thats exactly what I'm looking for. Is VisualWorks version of
Sciptaculous up to date on this feature?

:)

-Boris

RE: Overlay dialogs?

Bany, Michel
> Thats exactly what I'm looking for. Is VisualWorks version of
> Sciptaculous up to date on this feature?

I cannot tell.

Scriptaculous has two branches in SqueakSource :

avi.1 through pmm.71, the VW port is from that branch. i.e. lr.64

lr.100 through lr.106, nothing ported to VW in that branch

Lukas may be able to help here.
Michel.

Re: Overlay dialogs?

Lukas Renggli
> lr.100 through lr.106, nothing ported to VW in that branch

Well, I am trying to make everything a bit more plug-gable and
compose-able starting from lr.100. I also fixed some problems with the
inheritance hierarchy. Not everything from lr.100 is fully working
using the new features yet, but it is quite useable. It comes from
lr.70, pmm.71 didn't not work for me.

Our students handed in some AJAX exercises today using lr.106 and they
didn't complain, so that is already a good sign ;-)

Cheers,
Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

RE: Overlay dialogs?

Boris Popov, DeepCove Labs (SNN)
I just tried the Seaside2.6d-avi.33 + Scriptaculous-lr.106 and am getting an
exception because of undefined AnswerContinuation in

lightbox: aComponent
        ^ AnswerContinuation currentDo: [:cc |
                self
                        show: aComponent
                        onAnswer: cc
                        delegation: (SULightbox new
                                delegate: aComponent;
                                yourself)]

I'm way too uncomfortable with Squeak to go digging around on my own :)

Thanks!

-Boris

--
+1.604.689.0322
DeepCove Labs Ltd.

[hidden email]

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

attachments.

Thank you.

> lr.100 through lr.106, nothing ported to VW in that branch

Well, I am trying to make everything a bit more plug-gable and
compose-able starting from lr.100. I also fixed some problems with the
inheritance hierarchy. Not everything from lr.100 is fully working
using the new features yet, but it is quite useable. It comes from
lr.70, pmm.71 didn't not work for me.

Our students handed in some AJAX exercises today using lr.106 and they
didn't complain, so that is already a good sign ;-)

Cheers,
Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

smime.p7s (4K) Download Attachment

RE: Overlay dialogs?

Boris Popov, DeepCove Labs (SNN)
Heh, replacing that with Continuation seems to do the trick. I have *no*
idea if this will make the hell freeze over, but since Continuation has no
subclasses in the version I have loaded, this'll have to do for now ;)

-Boris

--
+1.604.689.0322
DeepCove Labs Ltd.

[hidden email]

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

attachments.

Thank you.

> lr.100 through lr.106, nothing ported to VW in that branch

Well, I am trying to make everything a bit more plug-gable and
compose-able starting from lr.100. I also fixed some problems with the
inheritance hierarchy. Not everything from lr.100 is fully working
using the new features yet, but it is quite useable. It comes from
lr.70, pmm.71 didn't not work for me.

Our students handed in some AJAX exercises today using lr.106 and they
didn't complain, so that is already a good sign ;-)

Cheers,
Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

smime.p7s (4K) Download Attachment

Re: Overlay dialogs?

Avi  Bryant
Just change AnswerContinuation to Continuation.

On May 26, 2006, at 9:19 AM, Boris Popov wrote:

> I just tried the Seaside2.6d-avi.33 + Scriptaculous-lr.106 and am
> getting an
> exception because of undefined AnswerContinuation in
>
> lightbox: aComponent
> ^ AnswerContinuation currentDo: [:cc |
> self
> show: aComponent
> onAnswer: cc
> delegation: (SULightbox new
> delegate: aComponent;
> yourself)]
>
> I'm way too uncomfortable with Squeak to go digging around on my
> own :)
>
> Thanks!
>
> -Boris
>
> --
> +1.604.689.0322
> DeepCove Labs Ltd.
> 4th floor 595 Howe Street
> Vancouver, Canada V6C 2T5
>
> [hidden email]
>
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
>
> This email is intended only for the persons named in the message
> header. Unless otherwise indicated, it contains information that is
> private and confidential. If you have received it in error, please
> notify the sender and delete the entire message including any
> attachments.
>
> Thank you.

Re: Overlay dialogs?

Avi  Bryant

On May 26, 2006, at 9:22 AM, Boris Popov wrote:

> Heh, replacing that with Continuation seems to do the trick. I have
> *no*
> idea if this will make the hell freeze over, but since Continuation
> has no
> subclasses in the version I have loaded, this'll have to do for now ;)

Nah, won't make hell drop a degree - the only reason those subclasses
were introduced was so that I could track how many of them were
sticking around in the image, relatively.  They have identical
behavior.  Hence them all getting killed in the recent version.

Avi

RE: Overlay dialogs?

Bany, Michel

> > lr.100 through lr.106, nothing ported to VW in that branch
>
> Well, I am trying to make everything a bit more plug-gable
> and compose-able starting from lr.100. I also fixed some
> problems with the inheritance hierarchy. Not everything from
> lr.100 is fully working using the new features yet, but it is
> quite useable. It comes from lr.70, pmm.71 didn't not work for me.
>
> Our students handed in some AJAX exercises today using lr.106
> and they didn't complain, so that is already a good sign ;-)

There is now a VW port for this branch on the public store.
It requires the very latest Seaside version from the public store.

Lukas, I had to create mb.107 to fix a couple of minor glitches.

Enjoy,
Michel.

Re: Overlay dialogs?

Lukas Renggli
> Lukas, I had to create mb.107 to fix a couple of minor glitches.

Great, I will have a look at the diff not to make the same mistakes
again. Glad that it worked mostly, after all this branch is quite
different to the old version.

Cheers,
Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

RE: Overlay dialogs?

Boris Popov, DeepCove Labs (SNN)
Looks like there's something wrong with the latest version, as it has almost
twice as little classes and these are specifically listed as undeclared:

SUAccess:  nil
SUAfter:  nil
SUAlias:  nil
SUApply:  nil
SUAssign:  nil
SUAutocompleter:  nil
SUBefore:  nil
SUCondition:  nil
SUCreate:  nil
SUDraggable:  nil
SUDroppable:  nil
SUEffect:  nil
SUElement:  nil
SUEvaluator:  nil
SUEvent:  nil
SUForm:  nil
SUInsertion:  nil
SUPeriodical:  nil
SUProperty:  nil
SURequest:  nil
SUSelector:  nil
SUSlider:  nil
SUSortable:  nil
SUUpdater:  nil

Thanks!

-Boris

--
+1.604.689.0322
DeepCove Labs Ltd.

[hidden email]

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

attachments.

Thank you.

> > lr.100 through lr.106, nothing ported to VW in that branch
>
> Well, I am trying to make everything a bit more plug-gable
> and compose-able starting from lr.100. I also fixed some
> problems with the inheritance hierarchy. Not everything from
> lr.100 is fully working using the new features yet, but it is
> quite useable. It comes from lr.70, pmm.71 didn't not work for me.
>
> Our students handed in some AJAX exercises today using lr.106
> and they didn't complain, so that is already a good sign ;-)

There is now a VW port for this branch on the public store.
It requires the very latest Seaside version from the public store.

Lukas, I had to create mb.107 to fix a couple of minor glitches.

Enjoy,
Michel.

smime.p7s (4K) Download Attachment

Re: Overlay dialogs?

Michel Bany-3
Boris Popov a écrit :

>Looks like there's something wrong with the latest version

There has been some repackaging on the Squeak side that I overlooked.
I marked 107.0 as Broken and published 107.1.
Sorry for the trouble.
Michel.

RE: Overlay dialogs?

Boris Popov, DeepCove Labs (SNN)
Excellent, this one works beautifully. As always, thank you very much.

Cheers!

-Boris

--
+1.604.689.0322