Overview of major classes and usability in Appl dev

Overview of major classes and usability in Appl dev

sanjay minni-4
Is there a roadmap of major classes for Dolphin
and their usability in application development

This can give a new user quick overview and help in
getting started

(e.g. Simon Lewis's book The Art & Science of Smalltalk
gives a run thru for VW ST)

Regards
Sanjay Minni

Re: Overview of major classes and usability in Appl dev

Andy Bower
Sanjay,

> Is there a roadmap of major classes for Dolphin
> and their usability in application development
>
> This can give a new user quick overview and help in
> getting started
>
> (e.g. Simon Lewis's book The Art & Science of Smalltalk
> gives a run thru for VW ST)

Your best bet would be to get a copy of Ted Bracht's, "The Dolphin Smalltalk
Companion":

http://www.object-arts.com/wiki/html/Dolphin/DolphinSmalltalkCompanion.htm

Best Regards,

Andy Bower
Dolphin Support
http://www.object-arts.com
---
Are you trying too hard?
http://www.object-arts.com/Relax.htm
---

Re: Overview of major classes and usability in Appl dev

jtuchel
Sanjay

I learned pretty much about Smalltalk in Simon Lewis' book, so I
wouldn't say it's useless for Dolphin. Not at all. It helps you get into
the right way of thinking and helps you become a talented Smalltalker.

I'd also recommend Ted Brachts Companion (like Andy) for getting to know
the environment and the MVP principle. The Companion is not a very good
book to teach you Smalltalk, though (that's my personal opinion). For
this purpose I'd recommend Lewis, Beck and, of course, Liu.

Joe

Sanjay Minni schrieb:

> Is there a roadmap of major classes for Dolphin
> and their usability in application development
>
> This can give a new user quick overview and help in
> getting started
>
> (e.g. Simon Lewis's book The Art & Science of Smalltalk
> gives a run thru for VW ST)
>
> Regards
> Sanjay Minni

Objektfabrik Joachim Tuchel          mailto:[hidden email]
Haeslenweg 28                        http://www.objektfabrik.de
D-71642 Ludwigsburg
Telefon: +49 7141 56 10 86 0         Fax: +49 7141 56 10 86 1