OverviewPyramid

cdelaunay
Hello,
I don't remember if I already told you:
I've started to build an OverviewPyramid visualization. I saved it in the package Moose-
MondrianPaintings-OverviewPyramid. You can test it by right-clicking on a moose model (from the
moose panel).
I've based the metrics computation on the book 'Object-oriented metrics in practice'.

Re: OverviewPyramid

Simon Denier-3

On 2 avr. 2010, at 10:34, Cyrille Delaunay wrote:

Hello,
I don't remember if I already told you:
I've started to build an OverviewPyramid visualization. I saved it in the package Moose-
MondrianPaintings-OverviewPyramid. You can test it by right-clicking on a moose model (from the
moose panel).
I've based the metrics computation on the book 'Object-oriented metrics in practice'.

Yep, that's cool. Now of course the book provides thresholds computed on Java and C++, not Smalltalk, so it could be cooler if someone wants to compute new thresholds for Smalltalk models :)

--
 Simon

Re: OverviewPyramid

Tudor Girba
Great work, Cyrille!

I just changed a bit the truncatedStringForFraction:.

I tried to apply it on ArgoUML, but the image seems to hang. Did you
manage to apply it on a larger case study?

Cheers,
Doru

On 2 Apr 2010, at 10:34, Cyrille Delaunay wrote:

> Hello,
> I don't remember if I already told you:
> I've started to build an OverviewPyramid visualization. I saved it
> in the package Moose-
> MondrianPaintings-OverviewPyramid. You can test it by right-clicking
> on a moose model (from the
> moose panel).
> I've based the metrics computation on the book 'Object-oriented
> metrics in practice'.

www.tudorgirba.com

"Not knowing how to do something is not an argument for how it cannot
be done."

Re: OverviewPyramid

Tudor Girba
Great work, Cyrille!

I just changed a bit the truncatedStringForFraction:.

I tried to apply it on ArgoUML, but the image seems to hang. Did you
manage to apply it on a larger case study?

Cheers,
Doru

On 2 Apr 2010, at 10:34, Cyrille Delaunay wrote:

> Hello,
> I don't remember if I already told you:
> I've started to build an OverviewPyramid visualization. I saved it
> in the package Moose-
> MondrianPaintings-OverviewPyramid. You can test it by right-clicking
> on a moose model (from the
> moose panel).
> I've based the metrics computation on the book 'Object-oriented
> metrics in practice'.

www.tudorgirba.com

"Not knowing how to do something is not an argument for how it cannot
be done."

Re: OverviewPyramid

Tudor Girba
Hi,

I profiled a bit the computation and found the bottleneck in the
removal of duplicated invocations. I changed the code to simply count
the invoked methods from every method. I also perform a couple of
other simplifications. Now, on ArgoUML it takes a couple of seconds.

Cheers,
Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"No matter how many recipes we know, we still value a chef."

Re: OverviewPyramid

Alexandre Bergel
I would be interested in getting feedback for Kai, the code profiler I
have been working on.
To load Kai: http://www.moosetechnology.org/tools/Spy
To use Kai: http://www.moosetechnology.org/tools/Spy/Kai

And if you have bug, just shout :-)

Cheers,
Alexandre

On 2 Apr 2010, at 16:24, Tudor Girba wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I profiled a bit the computation and found the bottleneck in the
> removal of duplicated invocations. I changed the code to simply
> count the invoked methods from every method. I also perform a couple
> of other simplifications. Now, on ArgoUML it takes a couple of
> seconds.
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>

> On 2 Apr 2010, at 13:15, Tudor Girba wrote:
>
>> Great work, Cyrille!
>>
>> I just changed a bit the truncatedStringForFraction:.
>>
>> I tried to apply it on ArgoUML, but the image seems to hang. Did
>> you manage to apply it on a larger case study?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Doru
>>

>> On 2 Apr 2010, at 10:34, Cyrille Delaunay wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>> I don't remember if I already told you:
>>> I've started to build an OverviewPyramid visualization. I saved it
>>> in the package Moose-
>>> MondrianPaintings-OverviewPyramid. You can test it by right-
>>> clicking on a moose model (from the
>>> moose panel).
>>> I've based the metrics computation on the book 'Object-oriented
>>> metrics in practice'.
>>
>> --
>> www.tudorgirba.com
>>
>> "Not knowing how to do something is not an argument for how it
>> cannot be done."
>>

> --
> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "No matter how many recipes we know, we still value a chef."

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

Re: OverviewPyramid

Stéphane Ducasse
I cannot access the page.

Stef

On Apr 2, 2010, at 11:43 PM, Alexandre Bergel wrote:

> I would be interested in getting feedback for Kai, the code profiler I have been working on.
> To load Kai: http://www.moosetechnology.org/tools/Spy
> To use Kai: http://www.moosetechnology.org/tools/Spy/Kai
>
> And if you have bug, just shout :-)
>
> Cheers,
> Alexandre
>

> On 2 Apr 2010, at 16:24, Tudor Girba wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I profiled a bit the computation and found the bottleneck in the removal of duplicated invocations. I changed the code to simply count the invoked methods from every method. I also perform a couple of other simplifications. Now, on ArgoUML it takes a couple of seconds.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Doru
>>

>> On 2 Apr 2010, at 13:15, Tudor Girba wrote:
>>
>>> Great work, Cyrille!
>>>
>>> I just changed a bit the truncatedStringForFraction:.
>>>
>>> I tried to apply it on ArgoUML, but the image seems to hang. Did you manage to apply it on a larger case study?
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Doru

>>> --
>>> www.tudorgirba.com
>>>
>>> "Not knowing how to do something is not an argument for how it cannot be done."
>>>

>> --
>> www.tudorgirba.com
>>
>> "No matter how many recipes we know, we still value a chef."

Re: OverviewPyramid

Tudor Girba
Why not?

Doru

On 3 Apr 2010, at 10:20, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> I cannot access the page.
>
> Stef
>
> On Apr 2, 2010, at 11:43 PM, Alexandre Bergel wrote:
>
>> I would be interested in getting feedback for Kai, the code
>> profiler I have been working on.
>> To load Kai: http://www.moosetechnology.org/tools/Spy
>> To use Kai: http://www.moosetechnology.org/tools/Spy/Kai
>>
>> And if you have bug, just shout :-)
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Alexandre
>>

>> On 2 Apr 2010, at 16:24, Tudor Girba wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I profiled a bit the computation and found the bottleneck in the
>>> removal of duplicated invocations. I changed the code to simply
>>> count the invoked methods from every method. I also perform a
>>> couple of other simplifications. Now, on ArgoUML it takes a couple
>>> of seconds.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Doru

>>> --
>>> www.tudorgirba.com
>>>
>>> "No matter how many recipes we know, we still value a chef."

>> --
>> _,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:
>> Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu
>> ^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;.

www.tudorgirba.com

"It's not how it is, it is how we see it."

Re: OverviewPyramid

Stéphane Ducasse

On Apr 3, 2010, at 10:48 AM, Tudor Girba wrote:

> Why not?
>
> Doru
>

> On 3 Apr 2010, at 10:20, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
>
>> I cannot access the page.
>>
>> Stef
>>
>> On Apr 2, 2010, at 11:43 PM, Alexandre Bergel wrote:
>>
>>> I would be interested in getting feedback for Kai, the code profiler I have been working on.
>>> To load Kai: http://www.moosetechnology.org/tools/Spy
>>> To use Kai: http://www.moosetechnology.org/tools/Spy/Kai
>>>
>>> And if you have bug, just shout :-)
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Alexandre

>>> --
>>> _,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:
>>> Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu
>>> ^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;.

> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "It's not how it is, it is how we see it."

Screen shot 2010-04-03 at 10.55.17 AM.png (71K) Download Attachment

Re: OverviewPyramid

Tudor Girba
Strange. Anyone else experiencing that?

Stef, can you access www.moosetechnology.org?

Doru

On 3 Apr 2010, at 10:55, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> <Screen shot 2010-04-03 at 10.55.17 AM.png>
> On Apr 3, 2010, at 10:48 AM, Tudor Girba wrote:
>
>> Why not?
>>
>> Doru
>>

>> On 3 Apr 2010, at 10:20, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
>>
>>> I cannot access the page.
>>>
>>> Stef

>> --
>> www.tudorgirba.com
>>
>> "It's not how it is, it is how we see it."

www.tudorgirba.com

"What we can governs what we wish."

Re: OverviewPyramid

Stéphane Ducasse

On Apr 3, 2010, at 11:00 AM, Tudor Girba wrote:

> Strange. Anyone else experiencing that?
>
> Stef, can you access www.moosetechnology.org?

nope

> Doru
>

> On 3 Apr 2010, at 10:55, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
>
>> <Screen shot 2010-04-03 at 10.55.17 AM.png>
>> On Apr 3, 2010, at 10:48 AM, Tudor Girba wrote:
>>
>>> Why not?
>>>
>>> Doru

>>> --
>>> www.tudorgirba.com
>>>
>>> "It's not how it is, it is how we see it."

> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "What we can governs what we wish."

Re: OverviewPyramid

Tudor Girba
Hi Stef,

It looks like something is wrong on your side. Try:
http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/www.moosetechnology.org

Doru

On 3 Apr 2010, at 11:07, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> On Apr 3, 2010, at 11:00 AM, Tudor Girba wrote:
>
>> Strange. Anyone else experiencing that?
>>
>> Stef, can you access www.moosetechnology.org?
>
> nope
>

>> Doru
>>

>> On 3 Apr 2010, at 10:55, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
>>
>>> <Screen shot 2010-04-03 at 10.55.17 AM.png>

>> --
>> www.tudorgirba.com
>>
>> "What we can governs what we wish."

www.tudorgirba.com

"Yesterday is a fact.
  Tomorrow is a possibility.
  Today is a challenge."

Re: OverviewPyramid

Stéphane Ducasse
ok strange because this is the only site that des that.
I will reboot and see.