PBE - Updated - section 2.10 System Browser

Dan

PBE - Updated - section 2.10 System Browser

Dan
I am running Pharo 4.0, I think. I go to section 2.10 of the updated PBE (claimed to be for Pharo 4.0) which deals with The System Browser. I click on the background and get the World menu - I click on System Browser and get Nautilus instead of the System Browser (???). OK, so I search around and eventually find my way to printString.

Two questions:
1) What is Nautilus - did I miss something here?, and

2) What are the shaded right facing triangles pointing to various menu entries trying to tell me?

I tried to warn you - get ready for just a truck load of noobie questions.

Dan

Re: PBE - Updated - section 2.10 System Browser

CyrilFerlicot
Nautilus is the Systeme Browser.
Maybe a more experienced smalltalker will be able to explain the name.

I'm not sure tu understand your second request but I think you talk
about that : http://puu.sh/hZlzN/148ae35f71.png ?
If it's that it's use to develops the categories.
Each class of a Package can be in a specific category (or not).

It's good to have nooby questions about UPBE because that help us to
know what is wrong or what is missing !

--
Cheers
Cyril Ferlicot

Re: PBE - Updated - section 2.10 System Browser

CyrilFerlicot
If you find that something is not clear you can open an issue on the
github of UPBE :
https://github.com/SquareBracketAssociates/UpdatedPharoByExample/issues

--
Cheers
Cyril Ferlicot

Re: PBE - Updated - section 2.10 System Browser

stepharo
Hi daniel

If you want to get up to speed fast in Pharo take Pharo by example and its associated image.
Then you simply us Pharo 40.

A class browser often looks like a class browser so pay attention not to get stuck in details.

Stef