PBE discussion and errata reports. A new sub-category?

PBE discussion and errata reports. A new sub-category?

thomas_costick
This post was updated on .
I've been working through the Pharo By Example book and there are a few things I think could be re-worded or changed to better match the reader's experience as they us the Pharo Smalltalk environment.

Here in this forum (Smalltalk > Pharo > Pharo Smalltalk) there are several discussions of the PBE book.

Currently, the Pharo forum has only two sub-categories: this one ("Pharo Smalltalk") and "Pharo Smalltalk Users".

I would like to suggest the introduction of a "Pharo By Example book" sub-category, where the community can focus on improvements to the book.  Whether this should include questions from noobs, I don't know... it could make sense if this leads to clarification of the description of topics in the book... on the other hand it may distract from discussion of the PBE book content and structure.

What do others think about this suggestion?

--Thomas

Re: PBE discussion and errata reports. A new sub-category?

thomas_costick
(reply to own post, to push to mailing list)

Re: PBE discussion and errata reports. A new sub-category?

Geert Claes
Administrator
thomas_costick wrote
(reply to own post, to push to mailing list)
You do not need to "reply to own post" for your post to end up on the mailing list.

Re: PBE discussion and errata reports. A new sub-category?

thomas_costick
Hi Geert.  Sorry to be messy, but I submitted my original post before I had subscribed to the list, so I was not sure the post had been distributed correctly.  Thanks.