PDF generation

Nicolas Vanni
hello

I'm using seaside 3.0 with squeak and pharo.

can someone help me about PDF generation ?

I can Load HPDF thanks to the HPDF squeaksource repository but the unit tests do not pass. Is it normal? Do someOne know a better way to generate PDF

thanks before. :-)  and have a nice day

Re: PDF generation

vaidasd
> Do someOne know a better way to generate
> PDF

Do not know is it better, but we generate Latex from squeak and use
OSProcess to invoke  pdflatex (part of LiveTex) to generate pdf. Works
on Windows and Linux.

Vaidotas

Re: PDF generation

Diogenes Moreira
I can not answer this without getting red but when I generate PDF in
seaside applications the cheapest way was to use html2pdf (both php
and java) of font-end platform application.
This slope for when I get time or money, a framework for generating
PDF as html2pdf friendly .. but written in Smalltalk
:)

Best Regards

2010/11/19 Vaidotas Didžbalis <[hidden email]>:

>> Do someOne know a better way to generate
>> PDF
>
> Do not know is it better, but we generate Latex from squeak and use
> OSProcess to invoke  pdflatex (part of LiveTex) to generate pdf. Works
> on Windows and Linux.
>
> Vaidotas

Re: PDF generation

Levente Uzonyi-2
On Fri, 19 Nov 2010, Diogenes Moreira wrote:

> I can not answer this without getting red but when I generate PDF in
> seaside applications the cheapest way was to use html2pdf (both php
> and java) of font-end platform application.
> This slope for when I get time or money, a framework for generating
> PDF as html2pdf friendly .. but written in Smalltalk
> :)

We used to use wkhtmltopdf: http://code.google.com/p/wkhtmltopdf/ .

Levente

> Best Regards
>
> 2010/11/19 Vaidotas Didžbalis <[hidden email]>:
>>> Do someOne know a better way to generate
>>> PDF
>>
>> Do not know is it better, but we generate Latex from squeak and use
>> OSProcess to invoke  pdflatex (part of LiveTex) to generate pdf. Works
>> on Windows and Linux.
>>
>> Vaidotas

Re: PDF generation

FDominicus
Vaidotas Didžbalis <[hidden email]> writes:

>> Do someOne know a better way to generate
>> PDF
>
> Do not know is it better, but we generate Latex from squeak and use
> OSProcess to invoke  pdflatex (part of LiveTex) to generate pdf. Works
> on Windows and Linux.
Is you code for that accessible?
I ask because I was thinking to follow  the same route for my application.

Regards
Friedrich

--
Q-Software Solutions GmbH; Sitz: Bruchsal; Registergericht: Mannheim
Registriernummer: HRB232138; Geschaeftsfuehrer: Friedrich Dominicus

Re: PDF generation

Philippe Marschall
2010/11/19 Nicolas Vanni <[hidden email]>:
> hello
> I'm using seaside 3.0 with squeak and pharo.
> can someone help me about PDF generation ?

There's a pretty good summary at [1]

 [1] http://www.seaside.st/documentation/pdfs

Cheers
Philippe

Re: PDF generation

Philippe Marschall
2010/11/19 Nicolas Vanni <[hidden email]>:
> hello
> I'm using seaside 3.0 with squeak and pharo.
> can someone help me about PDF generation ?

There's a pretty good summary at [1]

 [1] http://www.seaside.st/documentation/pdfs

Cheers
Philippe

Re : [Seaside] PDF generation

Nicolas Vanni
thanks.

finally I'm using Latex generation but last codeline seems to do not work.
        OSProcess waitForCommand:'pdflatex usecase.tex'
Any idea ?

De : Philippe Marschall <[hidden email]>
À : Seaside - general discussion <[hidden email]>
Envoyé le : Ven 19 novembre 2010, 16h 34min 36s
Objet : Re: [Seaside] PDF generation

2010/11/19 Nicolas Vanni <[hidden email]>:
> hello
> I'm using seaside 3.0 with squeak and pharo.
> can someone help me about PDF generation ?

There's a pretty good summary at [1]

[1] http://www.seaside.st/documentation/pdfs

Cheers
Philippe

Re: Re : [Seaside] PDF generation

vaidasd
Could you describe that happens when it "does not work"? It works for me.

On Fri, Nov 19, 2010 at 11:21 PM, Nicolas Vanni <[hidden email]> wrote:

> thanks.
> finally I'm using Latex generation but last codeline seems to do not work.
>
>         OSProcess waitForCommand:'pdflatex usecase.tex'
>
> Any idea ?
>
> ________________________________
> De : Philippe Marschall <[hidden email]>
> À : Seaside - general discussion <[hidden email]>
> Envoyé le : Ven 19 novembre 2010, 16h 34min 36s
> Objet : Re: [Seaside] PDF generation
>
> 2010/11/19 Nicolas Vanni <[hidden email]>:
>> hello
>> I'm using seaside 3.0 with squeak and pharo.
>> can someone help me about PDF generation ?
>
> There's a pretty good summary at [1]
>
> [1] http://www.seaside.st/documentation/pdfs
>
> Cheers
> Philippe

Re : Re : [Seaside] PDF generation

Nicolas Vanni
hello

the meaning of  it doesn't work is

"Unknown variable: OSProcess please correct or cancel" and next, few choices like "define a new class", "declare global", and "declare class variable".

for more information, i give the code generating the error.

|aFile aFileName|
aFileName := 'coucou'.
aFile := CrLFileStream fileNamed, '.tex'.
aFile lineEndConvention: #crlf.
self startOn: aFile.
aFile nextPutAll 'here is my first message';cr.
self endOn: aFile.
aFile close.

OSProcess waitForCommand: 'pdflatex coucou.tex'.

the code works until the OSProcess instruction.

my OS is ubuntu 10.4 i dont know if it has any impact but in doubt ...

thank you very much for you answer.

have a nice day

De : Vaidotas Didžbalis <[hidden email]>
À : Seaside - general discussion <[hidden email]>
Envoyé le : Dim 21 novembre 2010, 13h 46min 19s
Objet : Re: Re : [Seaside] PDF generation

De : Vaidotas Didžbalis <[hidden email]>
À : Seaside - general discussion <[hidden email]>
Envoyé le : Dim 21 novembre 2010, 13h 46min 19s

Could you describe that happens when it "does not work"? It works for me.

On Fri, Nov 19, 2010 at 11:21 PM, Nicolas Vanni <[hidden email]> wrote:

> thanks.
> finally I'm using Latex generation but last codeline seems to do not work.
>
>        OSProcess waitForCommand:'pdflatex usecase.tex'
>
> Any idea ?
>
> ________________________________
> De : Philippe Marschall <[hidden email]>
> À : Seaside - general discussion <[hidden email]>
> Envoyé le : Ven 19 novembre 2010, 16h 34min 36s
> Objet : Re: [Seaside] PDF generation
>
> 2010/11/19 Nicolas Vanni <[hidden email]>:
>> hello
>> I'm using seaside 3.0 with squeak and pharo.
>> can someone help me about PDF generation ?
>
> There's a pretty good summary at [1]
>
> [1] http://www.seaside.st/documentation/pdfs
>
> Cheers
> Philippe

Re : Re : Re : [Seaside] PDF generation

Nicolas Vanni
in fact, i'm pretty sure i don't, did you have the name of the package and the way i can get it ?

thanks

De : Vaidotas Didžbalis <[hidden email]>
À : Seaside - general discussion <[hidden email]>

On Fri, Nov 19, 2010 at 11:21 PM, Nicolas Vanni <[hidden email][hidden email]> wrote:

> thanks.
> finally I'm using Latex generation but last codeline seems to do not work.
>
>        OSProcess waitForCommand:'pdflatex usecase.tex'
>
> Any idea ?
>
> ________________________________
> De : Philippe Marschall <[hidden email][hidden email]>
> À : Seaside - general discussion <[hidden email][hidden email]>
> Envoyé le : Ven 19 novembre 2010, 16h 34min 36s
> Objet : Re: [Seaside] PDF generation
>
> 2010/11/19 Nicolas Vanni <[hidden email][hidden email]>:
>> hello
>> I'm using seaside 3.0 with squeak and pharo.
>> can someone help me about PDF generation ?
>
> There's a pretty good summary at [1]
>
> [1] http://www.seaside.st/documentation/pdfs
>
> Cheers
> Philippe

Re: Re : Re : [Seaside] PDF generation

David T. Lewis
Hi Nicolas,

OSProcess is part of an external package. You can load it using Monticello
from SqueakSource (http://www.squeaksource.com, look for package OSProcess).
General information is at http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/708.

Dave

it works perfectly. :)   :D :)

thanks a lot for all the answers

De : David T. Lewis <[hidden email]>
À : Seaside - general discussion <[hidden email]>
Envoyé le : Mar 23 novembre 2010, 0h 39min 31s