[PR] Just a little error, but i don't understand why !

[PR] Just a little error, but i don't understand why !

Pierre Q.
Hi everybody,

I’ve a little problem with my code! I try to generate html code starting
from PIER. When I launch my widget (SPG tool) the nextPutAll method
generates an error, but I don't understand why. Can you help me to
understand that?

Thanks in advance

My project name in squeaksource.com : StaticPierGen

Sample of my error:

MessageNotUnderstood: UndefinedObject>>nextPutAll:
Debug Full Stack
• UndefinedObject(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #nextPutAll:
nil
temps aMessage nextPutAll: 'Welcome to Pier (formerly called SmallWiki
2), the next generation of a fully extensibl...etc...
• WAHtmlStreamDocument>>nextPutAll:
a WAHtmlStreamDocument
temps aString 'Welcome to Pier (formerly called SmallWiki 2), the next
generation of a fully extensible content ma...etc...
inst vars stream nil
htmlEncoder nil
urlEncoder nil

Re: [PR] Just a little error, but i don't understand why !

Lukas Renggli-2
> MessageNotUnderstood: UndefinedObject>>nextPutAll:
> Debug Full Stack
> • UndefinedObject(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #nextPutAll:
> nil
> temps aMessage nextPutAll: 'Welcome to Pier (formerly called SmallWiki
> 2), the next generation of a fully extensibl...etc...
> • WAHtmlStreamDocument>>nextPutAll:
> a WAHtmlStreamDocument
> temps aString 'Welcome to Pier (formerly called SmallWiki 2), the next
> generation of a fully extensible content ma...etc...
> inst vars stream nil
> htmlEncoder nil
> urlEncoder nil

As the error says you are sending the message #nextPutAll: to nil,
the instance of UndefinedObject. So you need to properly setup
WAHtmlStreamDocument so that it references an instance of WriteStream.

Cheers,
Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: [PR] Just a little error, but i don't understand why !

Pierre Q.
Thank you for your answer. I will try to do that.

Pe

Lukas Renggli a écrit :

>> MessageNotUnderstood: UndefinedObject>>nextPutAll:
>> Debug Full Stack
>> • UndefinedObject(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #nextPutAll:
>> nil
>> temps aMessage nextPutAll: 'Welcome to Pier (formerly called SmallWiki
>> 2), the next generation of a fully extensibl...etc...
>> • WAHtmlStreamDocument>>nextPutAll:
>> a WAHtmlStreamDocument
>> temps aString 'Welcome to Pier (formerly called SmallWiki 2), the next
>> generation of a fully extensible content ma...etc...
>> inst vars stream nil
>> htmlEncoder nil
>> urlEncoder nil
>>

> As the error says you are sending the message #nextPutAll: to nil,
> the instance of UndefinedObject. So you need to properly setup
> WAHtmlStreamDocument so that it references an instance of WriteStream.
>
> Cheers,
> Lukas

Re: [PR] Just a little error, but i don't understand why !

stéphane ducasse-2
read the stack
you send a message to nil

> • UndefinedObject(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #nextPutAll:
> nil

Stef

On 14 mai 07, at 18:39, Pierre Q. wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> I’ve a little problem with my code! I try to generate html code
> starting
> from PIER. When I launch my widget (SPG tool) the nextPutAll method
> generates an error, but I don't understand why. Can you help me to
> understand that?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> My project name in squeaksource.com : StaticPierGen
>
> Sample of my error:
>
> MessageNotUnderstood: UndefinedObject>>nextPutAll:
> Debug Full Stack
> • UndefinedObject(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #nextPutAll:
> nil
> temps aMessage nextPutAll: 'Welcome to Pier (formerly called SmallWiki
> 2), the next generation of a fully extensibl...etc...
> • WAHtmlStreamDocument>>nextPutAll:
> a WAHtmlStreamDocument
> temps aString 'Welcome to Pier (formerly called SmallWiki 2), the next
> generation of a fully extensible content ma...etc...
> inst vars stream nil
> htmlEncoder nil
> urlEncoder nil

Re: [PR] Just a little error, but i don't understand why !

Pierre-Emmanuel QUEYREL
Hello,

I always have the same problem with the initialization of WriteStream.
In fact I do not see how to initialize it. I tested with:

# myVisitor renderer: (WAStaticHtmlCanvas root: WAHtmlRoot new).
# myVisitor renderer document stream: String new writeStream.

But I do not obtain the result that I want. Moreover, I have this error
since an update of PIER and SEASIDE. According to what I saw, the
WAStaticHtmlCanvas class was modified. Could you give me information?

Another question: I would like to know if it is possible to add a link
towards a file (ex: afile.zip) in PIER to download it from the server?

Example with a traditional server HTML: download this file

# <a href=’http://127.0.0.1:8080/seaside/pier/myFile.zip’> download this
file </a>

Thank you in advance for your answers.

Pierre

Pierre Q. a écrit :

> Thank you for your answer. I will try to do that.
>
> Pe
>
> Lukas Renggli a écrit :
>
>>> MessageNotUnderstood: UndefinedObject>>nextPutAll:
>>> Debug Full Stack
>>> • UndefinedObject(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #nextPutAll:
>>> nil
>>> temps aMessage nextPutAll: 'Welcome to Pier (formerly called SmallWiki
>>> 2), the next generation of a fully extensibl...etc...
>>> • WAHtmlStreamDocument>>nextPutAll:
>>> a WAHtmlStreamDocument
>>> temps aString 'Welcome to Pier (formerly called SmallWiki 2), the next
>>> generation of a fully extensible content ma...etc...
>>> inst vars stream nil
>>> htmlEncoder nil
>>> urlEncoder nil
>>>

>> As the error says you are sending the message #nextPutAll: to nil,
>> the instance of UndefinedObject. So you need to properly setup
>> WAHtmlStreamDocument so that it references an instance of WriteStream.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Lukas

Re: [PR] Just a little error, but i don't understand why !

Lukas Renggli-2
> I always have the same problem with the initialization of WriteStream.
> In fact I do not see how to initialize it. I tested with:
>
> # myVisitor renderer: (WAStaticHtmlCanvas root: WAHtmlRoot new).
> # myVisitor renderer document stream: String new writeStream.

Try to use

        WAStaticHtmlCanvas document: (WAHtmlStreamDocument new
                stream: String new writeStream)

> But I do not obtain the result that I want. Moreover, I have this
> error
> since an update of PIER and SEASIDE. According to what I saw, the
> WAStaticHtmlCanvas class was modified. Could you give me information?

I've never used WAHtmlStreamDocument. Could be even broken in the
latest Seaside.

> Another question: I would like to know if it is possible to add a link
> towards a file (ex: afile.zip) in PIER to download it from the server?
>
> Example with a traditional server HTML: download this file
>
> # <a href=’http://127.0.0.1:8080/seaside/pier/myFile.zip’> download
> this
> file </a>

See PRDownloadView.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: [PR] Just a little error, but i don't understand why !

Pierre-Emmanuel QUEYREL
Hi !

Thanks for your answer.
I tried your suggestion but the problem is the same. When i launch my
visitor, i obtain a basic stream.
I will try to find another solution.

For my link problem i tried with this :

url: (html context urlForDocument: (WACachedDocument fileName:
'.\staticPier.zip') asMIMEDocument content);

Pe