PRPersistency status

Dominique Dutoit-2
Hi,

It seems that the log feature works for both PRFilePersistency and
PRImagePersistency, but the History and Change reports always
generate a backtrace.

I have tried to figure out what is happening, but it looks like that
the history feature is just not there.

Any idea when it will be available?

Dominique

Re: PRPersistency status

Lukas Renggli-2
Hi,

> I have tried to figure out what is happening, but it looks like that
> the history feature is just not there.
>
> Any idea when it will be available?

yes, you are right: persistency, history and logging is basically
missing. As I presented at Smalltalk Solutions there is some
experimental code available that can be made to work with some
tweaks, but that approach doesn't seem to work well and scale good
enough for the future.

I spent some time to rethink the whole concept, and I am definitely
planning to spend time to come up with something reliable, but I am
simply too busy writing my Master and giving Seaside, Magritte and
Pier presentations (almost) all over the world. Again this is more a
problem of having the necessary time to do it, than to do the actual
implementation. Of course anybody is free to write its own
persistency framework, as far as I know some guys at Impara did that
and wrote an XML back-end?

Cheers,
Lukas

--