Package Browser 4

Hans Schueren

Thank you for the information :

Yes , the  File with the extension  .st  is in the Pharo directory.

First i couldn't find it by supposing a .txt File.

I have opened the file with a office tool  JARTE.

Now it is easy to print my new class out.

Remember back when you are a beginner in programming.

I realised that Pharo has a huge  "Tracking Tools" for engineering
concepts and code.

Only step by step learning is possible.

Thanks again , and have a nice week.

See you next time , for other Pharo matters , in this "Cinema".

Hans

Hello again ,

i have searched for a new text file in the Pharo Image folder

that contains the printed version of my class.

There is no text file.

I have chosen the "file out " option in Pharo version 3.0

and the book version  PBE one click 1.1.

At the moment i have only PBE in use for learning.
There is my new class created.

If you want i can make a screen video and sending with e-mail
of the "File out" session ,

that you can see , that there is no new text file.

regards

hans

Just one thing for description of the hardcopy :

Yes ;  a browser inside the system is much better.

The only reason to make a hardcopy in the form of a list is to

have a "Analog view" of the interdependencies of the whole package.

You know that in the job as electrician.

You can measure the power from a plug with

a digital or with a analog meter. Or with a combination of that.

I am only a beginner. But to have paper makes the opportunity to

make lines and notes with interdependencies REAL in ONE view.

Such like to make a flow diagram of the whole Software

in Basic language. ( My languages are Smalltalk 80 and Liberty Basic. )

Regards

Hans

Thank you for the answer.

I have chosen  " FILE OUT ".

Let me aks :  Who is the file then. On what location ? "

I only have seen that Pharo has make a snapshot of the

  " Package-Class-Protokoll-Methods".

After this snapshot the printer is not started.

Therfore i suppose that a File has been made in any Folder.

Regards

Hans

Hallo fellows,

i have just started with smalltalk programming Pharo.

Could you help me in one question please ?

Its simple :

After already performed a own NEW CLASS in the class browser ,

it is very convenient to PRINT OUT the complete Class ,

together with protokoll and methods in a  LIST FORM ,

in HARD COPY on a Printer.

Just to "have" the class and see it on real paper.

I couldnt find any advice in books or help.

regards

Hans

Re: Package Browser 4

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2

> On 22 Oct 2014, at 16:17, Hans Schueren <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> Thank you for the information :
>

> Yes , the  File with the extension  .st  is in the Pharo directory.
>
> First i couldn't find it by supposing a .txt File.

Good that you found it, these things are so obvious to us that we fail to explain them.

> I have opened the file with a office tool  JARTE.
>
> Now it is easy to print my new class out.
>

> Remember back when you are a beginner in programming.
>

> I realised that Pharo has a huge  "Tracking Tools" for engineering concepts and code.
>
> Only step by step learning is possible.
>

> Thanks again , and have a nice week.
>
> See you next time , for other Pharo matters , in this "Cinema".

No problem, have fun !