Package Browser (bis)

Ramiro Diaz Trepat-2
I am very happy now that the package browser is back with us, but I have a couple of questions:

1. Where did the refactoring tools go?  This version does not seem to include them.

2. I know this may be too picky, but I don't know if you realized that when you start editing, instead of seeing a whole red frame (as unsaved) we only have left 4 red pixels, one in each corner of the editing pane.  is this worthy of a ticket?

Cheers

r.

red pixels.png (16K) Download Attachment

Re: Package Browser (bis)

Lukas Renggli
> 1. Where did the refactoring tools go?  This version does not seem to
> include them.

The refactoring code is only available for the traditional OB Browser.
If you wanted you could fork the package and make it work with the OB
Package Browser.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Package Browser (bis)

Stéphane Ducasse
But in the browser of david the refactoring are there too. don't they?

Stef

On Aug 31, 2009, at 9:31 AM, Lukas Renggli wrote:

>> 1. Where did the refactoring tools go?  This version does not seem to
>> include them.
>
> The refactoring code is only available for the traditional OB Browser.
> If you wanted you could fork the package and make it work with the OB
> Package Browser.
>
> Lukas
>
> --
> Lukas Renggli
> http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Package Browser (bis)

Alexandre Bergel
Yes, this was the case before

Alexandre

On 31 Aug 2009, at 05:39, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> But in the browser of david the refactoring are there too. don't they?
>
> Stef
>
> On Aug 31, 2009, at 9:31 AM, Lukas Renggli wrote:
>
>>> 1. Where did the refactoring tools go?  This version does not seem
>>> include them.
>>
>> The refactoring code is only available for the traditional OB
>> Browser.
>> If you wanted you could fork the package and make it work with the OB
>> Package Browser.
>>
>> Lukas
>>
>> --
>> Lukas Renggli
>> http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

Re: Package Browser (bis)

Ramiro Diaz Trepat-2
Besides this, automatic parenthesis enclosure (when you typed one parenthesis or bracket you get the selected text enclosed) is not working and auto completion with tab also is not working any more.
These 2 things still work on the workspace though.
All these tools where very nice, why were they forked away?  because of bugs or not being maintained?
I will not create I fork of my own as Lukas suggested, unfortunately I don't have the time.  I will use whatever browser is available.
Cheers

r.

On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 5:56 PM, Alexandre Bergel <[hidden email]> wrote:
Yes, this was the case before

Alexandre

On 31 Aug 2009, at 05:39, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> But in the browser of david the refactoring are there too. don't they?
>
> Stef
>
> On Aug 31, 2009, at 9:31 AM, Lukas Renggli wrote:
>
>>> 1. Where did the refactoring tools go?  This version does not seem
>>> include them.
>>
>> The refactoring code is only available for the traditional OB
>> Browser.
>> If you wanted you could fork the package and make it work with the OB
>> Package Browser.
>>
>> Lukas
>>
>> --
>> Lukas Renggli
>> http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

Re: Package Browser (bis)

Gary Chambers-4
Polymorph-Widgets-gvc.86 now has the frame adornments themed.
Hope you like the new look.

Regards, Gary

Re: Package Browser (bis)

Adrian Lienhard

On Sep 1, 2009, at 01:47 , Ramiro Diaz Trepat wrote:

> Besides this, automatic parenthesis enclosure (when you typed one
> parenthesis or bracket you get the selected text enclosed) is not
> working
> and auto completion with tab also is not working any more.

Indeed. Both features work with the standard browser and the workspace
but not with the package browser (O2PackageBrowser open).

David?

Adrian

> These 2 things still work on the workspace though.
> All these tools where very nice, why were they forked away?  because
> of bugs
> or not being maintained?
> I will not create I fork of my own as Lukas suggested, unfortunately
> I don't
> have the time.  I will use whatever browser is available.
> Cheers
>
> r.
>

> On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 5:56 PM, Alexandre Bergel
> <[hidden email]>wrote:
>
>> Yes, this was the case before
>>
>> Alexandre
>>

>> On 31 Aug 2009, at 05:39, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
>>
>>> But in the browser of david the refactoring are there too. don't
>>> they?
>>>
>>> Stef

>> --
>> Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu