Package Browser

Ramiro Diaz Trepat-2
Hi guys,

I would really like to use the package browser again.
I thought it was again loadable in the latest images with:

ScriptLoader loadOBAlpha.

But this is failing, during the installation; it does not find some dependencies (OBTextMorphEditorWithShout) and leaves the browser in an inconsistent state.
Is there another repository to load it from?

Thanks

r.

Re: Package Browser

Mariano Martinez Peck

2009/8/25 Ramiro Diaz Trepat <[hidden email]>
Hi guys,

I would really like to use the package browser again.
I thought it was again loadable in the latest images with:

ScriptLoader loadOBAlpha.

But this is failing, during the installation; it does not find some dependencies (OBTextMorphEditorWithShout) and leaves the browser in an inconsistent state.

I could reproduce your problem.

I also tried ScriptLoader loadOB but I get the error: "'
You have reached the size limit of the changes file.
You must take action now to reduce it.
Close this error.  Do not attempt to proceed.'"

I know this is a known bug but how can I load OB then ?

cheers,

Mariano

On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 8:12 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]> wrote:

2009/8/25 Ramiro Diaz Trepat <[hidden email]>

Hi guys,

I would really like to use the package browser again.
I thought it was again loadable in the latest images with:

ScriptLoader loadOBAlpha.

But this is failing, during the installation; it does not find some dependencies (OBTextMorphEditorWithShout) and leaves the browser in an inconsistent state.

I could reproduce your problem.

I also tried ScriptLoader loadOB but I get the error: "'
You have reached the size limit of the changes file.
You must take action now to reduce it.
Close this error.  Do not attempt to proceed.'"

Mmm...seems to happen this to anything I do. I did a "system -> software update" and got the same error. Is there a way to shrink the changes so that to create some free space?

thanks

mariano

I know this is a known bug but how can I load OB then ?

cheers,

Mariano

Is there another repository to load it from?

Thanks

r.

cbc

Re: Package Browser

cbc
Smalltalk condenseChanges

This will free up some space in the changes file - at the cost of
removing version history in your image.

Re: Package Browser

Mariano Martinez Peck

On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 8:47 PM, Chris Cunningham <[hidden email]> wrote:
Smalltalk condenseChanges

This will free up some space in the changes file - at the cost of
removing version history in your image.

Excellent!! Thanks for the help. I added it here: http://code.google.com/p/pharo/wiki/CodeSnippets

Now I wonder....what about sending this message in ScriptLoader>>cleanUpForRelease  or  ScriptLoader>>cleanUpForProduction

?

cbc

Re: Package Browser

cbc
2009/8/25 Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]>:
> Now I wonder....what about sending this message in
> ScriptLoader>>cleanUpForRelease  or  ScriptLoader>>cleanUpForProduction
>
> ?

I'd suggest doing a condenseSources instead, at the time of the
official Pharo 1.0 release. This would have the benefit of completely
clearing out the changes file and allowing the renaming of the sources
file to something like PharoV1.sources instead of the current
SqueakV39.sources, which I find a bit odd, but understandable.

Re: Package Browser

Adrian Lienhard
On Aug 26, 2009, at 04:43 , Chris Cunningham wrote:

> 2009/8/25 Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]>:
>> Now I wonder....what about sending this message in
>> ScriptLoader>>cleanUpForRelease  or
>> ScriptLoader>>cleanUpForProduction
>>
>> ?
>
> I'd suggest doing a condenseSources instead, at the time of the
> official Pharo 1.0 release. This would have the benefit of completely
> clearing out the changes file and allowing the renaming of the sources
> file to something like PharoV1.sources instead of the current
> SqueakV39.sources, which I find a bit odd, but understandable.

yes, that's what we plan to do.

Adrian