Package Discoverability

Evan Donahue
Hello,

I was wondering what the current story was for releasing packages so that they can be discovered. I'm trying to get into the habit of finishing and releasing all those 90% complete projects lying around, and so I wanted to know what the standard process should be for releasing a package of general interest.

Especially now that iceberg is a thing, should I make a smalltalkhub page too just for people to search for? Should I submit it to the pharo catalog? Send a note to the mailing list? Any other best practices?

Thanks,
Evan

Re: Package Discoverability

Stephane Ducasse-3
Hi

I hope that one of these days we will release the package manager for Pharo.
Now in the mid time I encourage you to publish to the Catalog.

Stef

On Tue, Dec 12, 2017 at 12:04 AM, Evan Donahue <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I was wondering what the current story was for releasing packages so that
> they can be discovered. I'm trying to get into the habit of finishing and
> releasing all those 90% complete projects lying around, and so I wanted to
> know what the standard process should be for releasing a package of general
> interest.
>
> Especially now that iceberg is a thing, should I make a smalltalkhub page
> too just for people to search for? Should I submit it to the pharo catalog?
> Send a note to the mailing list? Any other best practices?
>
> Thanks,
> Evan

Re: Package Discoverability

abergel
That is an excellent question. The catalog is apparently the best thing we have so far.

Alexandre

Envoyé de mon iPhone